·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There was a complete running, drivable 02 wagon on CL this morning, $700. That would be a score.
Gone pretty quick.

·
Registered
251 Posts
If I were to do a swap before the motor dies, what do you think I could get for the running motor and trans?
Car has 153k miles, think the head was replaced at some time before I bought it.
Runs good, just a bit noisy.
Here's a video:
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n563/aziolkowski70/?action=view&current=CIMG10000.mp4&newest=1
I've asked my boi how is an expert on swapping/selling/buying engines, he said you're probably going to get $350+ for your SPI. [;)]

As far the noise goes thats typical on a SPI, but it's a bit too loud, tho?!?! [?]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've asked my boi how is an expert on swapping/selling/buying engines, he said you're probably going to get $350+ for your SPI. [;)]

As far the noise goes thats typical on a SPI, but it's a bit too loud, tho?!?! [?]
The EGR may have cracked. Easy fix, though. [wrenchin]

As far as a new SPI cost, my buddy in parts here at the dealership says they typically run 2k new, but shops are going to quote you a couple hundred over cost. as high as 2500 to 2600 new. They're really hard to find right now though, Ford stops making parts that are ten years old from the current model year. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fyre_Flyer, where exactly would I look for a cracked EGR? On the exhaust manifold, tube, EGR itself?
I'm open to anything that may quiet this engine down.

I may end up selling to buy another Focus. Do people have a hard time selling these SPI motored Focus?

·
Registered
119 Posts
i watched your vid but i dont hear anything out of the normal on noises sounds just about like mine and i just rebuilt it 2k miles ago.. i've sold 3 focus usually takes me about 3 - 7 days

·
Registered
245 Posts
i watched your vid but i dont hear anything out of the normal on noises sounds just about like mine and i just rebuilt it 2k miles ago.. i've sold 3 focus usually takes me about 3 - 7 days
listen closely...theres a small knock when he revvs it

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is much more pronounced at cold startup. I've put almost 6k miles on it since I purchased it and there has been no change. I guess it is something I will have to live with, or at least until the motor dies.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn't get to view vid, but when my egr tube broke, it was next to the manifold flange, right where the brazing ended....
Pretty easy swap, fortunately it came apart with little trouble....

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
depends on the price of scrap metal......

seriously its just a matter of time until it lets go.... face it they all eat valve seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts