Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just curious what products people are using to detail the interior of your focus with.

I tried amorall but I'm trying to find something that doesn't add shine but will protect against uv etc. This is mostly for the vinyl dash etc as I didn't get leather options.

Thanks!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey all. Just curious what products people are using to detail the interior of your focus with.

I tried amorall but I'm trying to find something that doesn't add shine but will protect against uv etc. This is mostly for the vinyl dash etc as I didn't get leather options.

Thanks!

Posted via FF Mobile
I wouldn't worry about protectant on a brand new car unless you want to give your car a greasy look. Use the regular Armorall wipes to wipe the dust/pollen from your dash etc. and don't worry about the protectant.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I use Leather Magic on my 02 Thunderbird and will do the same for my new Focus. Any GOOD cleaner (by good I mean not cheap)and protectant will work. I haven't used Armorall since the 1980's. It will dry out your leather.

I haven't done the Focus yet but will in the next month or so.

It can be found on this link.http://leathermagicpro.com/Pages/LthrCreKits.htm

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've been using Auto Glym Vinyl/Rubber Care.. I'm pretty sure it's Pledge in a spray bottle. It looks like, smells like, and shines like pledge :p Works nice though, especially on the under-hood plastics.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Meguiar's interior detailer and 303 Aerospace for the trim. I also use it for the exterior matt black trim.
Sonus products for the leather.
For glass and touch screen I've recently been using Muc-Off spray.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are the Aerospace products available at Walmart?
Most of the better options probably won't be available locally. I included a link in my post to one online option. If you do a Google search you will find many more. Amazon has a pretty good selection of detail products as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant - Been using it for years. Great stuff

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hmmm I'll have to try that turtle wax for interior. I'm still looking for the 303 for the leather but no luck so far. Supposedly Canadian tire has the 303 products but I went to one here and Toronto and they probably had the worse auto care section ever.

i definitely don't want that shiny and greasy look. Just plain old matte effect works for me.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I use a dry microfiber cloth for dust or one with the just water for any build up from say where my arm rests or on fabric. It's all you really need. Armor all is about the worst thing you can do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts