Votes: 78 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 91 12.9%

• Total voters
161 - 180 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have read all these posts, and find myself more confused... I have used and liked K&N products before, and had pretty much decided to go that route. Now I see 10 others that seem to be good, and don't really know what to choose...

Any advice on what to choose and why?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
check out the thread on intakes by hohhon. take a look at the HPS. thats the best deal right now. i wouldnt rec. k/n UNLESS you go with the FIPK. other than the cosworth (which you cant get), it is the best. it is made of plastic, and keeps the air collllldddddddd. otherwise, the typhoons, etc, are not worth it. get the hps otherwise. best bang for buck.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
right, they stopped making it years back. u can only get them used now, and that is difficult, since everyone loves them. they were the only ones that were 3.25 inches, not 3 inches. that and the fipk are the only really DIFFERENT ones out there, for cais. thats why i rec. the hps if u cant get those.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
no, its std 3 inches, or at least that is what i was told.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
well your right! but not to start a fight but is the cossie realy worth that extra .25 of an inch? ive been looking at mine and looking at ways to inprove the air flow and heres what i got. the inside of my f2 was'nt smoth on the inside like the cossie , cause the cossie is plastic. so i took mine to work with me the other day and sandblasted all the inperfections out of the inside of it ( smooth now). and the insert of the f2 was kinda choppy, and when i say chopy i mean that when they glued the insert in the cai , they didnt mooth it down to the edges like the coosie is, so those problems are now taken care of. now the one that gets me every time is the insert that the maf sensor sits in cant really be any bigger then stock cuase the car will not run right (with a tune possable). so the only thing that cossie has on my f2 cai is that its still plastic and the big differance of.25 of a inch . with the stock maf sensor opening on both the cossie or any other cai system out there, is there really any better air flow if the maf openings are all the same ?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh, we know all about the hps. good unit. its in the intake thread too.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have Focus Sport Intake tubing combined with an AEM dry-flow filter and have that wrapped with an Outerwears cover.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
thats what ive got.....wrapped.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, u might be able to do that once you have a new tune. if the tune an adjust for that...cuz the sensor cant adjust for that with the stock tune.

161 - 180 of 282 Posts