1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

2014 - Ford Focus SE Hatch - 5-speed
120k miles (lots of highway driving...)

Currently stuck in Denver, moving from Utah to PA...

In 2016, my Focus suddenly stopped accelerating on the freeway. No engine light, nothing. Pulled over and turned the vehicle off. Started it back up and it was fine for a few miles - again. This time... engine light came on. Took it to the dealer and they did the TSB 15009 - PCM upgrade. Issue fixed... that was at 59k miles.

The EXACT same thing happened today in the mountains. Had to get a tow from Vail Pass to Denver. The auto repair shop said everything was fine. They said the CEL was gone (??) but the memory showed low fuel pressure/rail something (they didn't give me a #). I drove it to the hotel and it seemed fine, albeit a bit slow.

I have three days of driving ahead of me and I am clueless as to what is wrong. I've done research on the forum but still can't find what's wrong.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a evap purge canister valve recall that stated the vehicle could stall if not above a half tank or more of gas, it also said something about low fuel pressure being an issue. I dont know if this effected your year directly but i talked to someone whos car stalled on them and they had that same recall. I got mine fixed asap.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Could be the following, so keep at least 1/2 tank of fuel at all times:

Recall Date: OCT 22, 2018
Recall Title: FUEL TANK DEFORMATION
NHTSA Recall Number: 18V735
Ford Recall Number: 18S32

1 - 4 of 4 Posts