Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the stang is put away for the winter, and the new focus is home and ready to take on the job of daily work driver and winter runner, and I wanna tweek a few things on her, what head light bulbs have you guys found are the best, for brightness? I'd like to get the blue bulbs to give me the look of the high end fancy lights that the beemers and mercedes rock

any help is appreciated

thanks

Jim

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have Sylvania Silverstars. They are pretty bright. I am looking for something a little brighter as well.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
get some H7 bulbs i ahve them in my projectors ****ing as bright as hell

·
Registered
248 Posts
Will the H7's fit the stock headlights (connectors) or do you need to modfiy them. Also, where do you get the H7's.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Raybrig bulbs are the brightest and longest lasting headlights ont the market. I've had them on my car for 1 year and 2 months and still burning bright. As for turn signals, use Polarg. Both are a little pricy, but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where'd ya get those PIAA bulbs, they look really nice and I think with the liquid grey paint they'd accent nicely

also....my other accent i'd like to do, is a stubby antenna... i'm thinking one of the billet ones off of ebay, but if anyone has any suggestions, bounce em off me

thanks

Jim

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
J-Dawg, the STOCK headlight assemblies use 9004 (H4) bulbs, and ONLY those bulbs. The best temperature of light is about 5200 degrees. The stock Bulb wattage is 55watts. Find a bulb within those ranges. The silverstars and the PIAA bulbs do the best job at working within those ranges. Try not to get a bulb that is too far over the stock 55 wattage or you *may* burn up harnesses. I've been using 80watt bulbs in my aftermarket headlights for many months now without any harness issues.

·
Registered
419 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:
J-Dawg, the STOCK headlight assemblies use 9004 (H4) bulbs, and ONLY those bulbs. The best temperature of light is about 5200 degrees. The stock Bulb wattage is 55watts. Find a bulb within those ranges. The silverstars and the PIAA bulbs do the best job at working within those ranges. Try not to get a bulb that is too far over the stock 55 wattage or you *may* burn up harnesses. I've been using 80watt bulbs in my aftermarket headlights for many months now without any harness issues.

ya but can u get a harness if u want to use a higher watage bulb ?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
the stock bulb is NOT a 9004! it's a 9003. 9004 has a plastic bottom that the harness plugs into. the 9003 looks similar, but the bottom just has the basic 3 tabs that the harness slips over. now, the stock harness may fit on the 9004 bulb, but 9004 is NOT stock.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts