Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18lbs on a built block. Just need some HG advise. Gasket, sealent, what you all are doing to prevent head lift, (the ARP studs are kind of small for the SVTF, and the torque seams low for the job imo) and last but not least, what are you guys doing with the stock intake boots to hold the boost? Any good aftermarket intakes or intake boot kits?

Thanks in advance guys.
Lucas

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
CFM has a good silicone kit for the intake.

As for the HG and head lift I would like to know as well.

·
FF Affiliate
30,966 Posts
For the hoses you can go to C-F-M or just get some 2 inch hoses and clamps

The stock factory SVT HG with the ARP studs will do just fine , You also need ARP main studs and would think seriously about billet main caps

Tom

·
Registered
807 Posts
I ran the svt head gasket as well. I think I torqed mine to somewhere around 68lbs, think the package says 60lbs

·
FF Affiliate
30,966 Posts
You need to TQ the ARP studs to EXACTLY what ARP or who ever you get bolts/studs from or you could damage , stretch , the studs/nuts/bolts and they will not have the clamping power

Yes it seems like 68 is better then 60 but it isnt allways the case , you could have more issues and failures by over tq then by the lower proper tq specs

Tom

·
Registered
807 Posts
actaully I did it to 60lbs, I checked my log book of when I built the engine. Also arp's instructions do say 60lbs, that was on the same page I wrote down the torq specs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy for the info. Tom, thanks for the help, I will be getting back to you as soon as it all gets back up. And damn it all to hell I wish I knew you were building motors befor I went with the other guys. I hate the lack of comunication! That is my biggest problem with people.

Lucas

·
Registered
807 Posts
Thanks guy for the info. Tom, thanks for the help, I will be getting back to you as soon as it all gets back up. And damn it all to hell I wish I knew you were building motors befor I went with the other guys. I hate the lack of comunication! That is my biggest problem with people.

Lucas

oh dude you dont even know lol

but thanks for the laugh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts