Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's right, my brakes are starting to feel like if they had abs when going on high speeds. When I get off a ramp on a freeway I feel the brake pedal like vibrating. Also my steering wheel moves... so what do you think? unbalanced wheels? warped rotors?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
if your car vibrates at speed during braking is usually the result of warped rotors or the rotors have glazed/hotspots..

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's it? just replace the rotors?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Yup, Pretty much... :)

The only time Unbalanced wheels or warped rims come into play are when your driving without touching the brakes and the car vibrates

·
Registered
453 Posts
i just replaced my tires recently, and my steering wheel stopped vibrating. i was about to see if i can get my rotors cut, but got new tires first and it fixed it so....

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Steering was vibrating during Cruising or braking ??? his problem is evident only when braking

·
Registered
453 Posts
im assuming its when he is braking. althoug my brake pedal never felt like he is explaining. my problem with the vibrations felt in the steering wheel was only when braking at higway speeds, which was fixed by puting on new tires

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yep time to replace the rotors!!!! lmao, this reminds me when i used to own my camaro, when i had frist purchased it the rotors were so bad that the whole dash board would shake horribly and the seller did not know why..... thus i got a great deay on it =)

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great! now I have to replace rotors and tires [mecry]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
while ur at it, just do the svt brakes swap!!! lol

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oooh that's a good idea! and since I poop money I'll do the cossie engine swap too!!! what the hell, forget about the fofo, I'm getting my 959 right now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
it might just be your brakes, how many miles are on your tires, car etc. do your front discs look like, have grooves???

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd say around 20k+ miles on the tires, brakes were serviced around same time. I don't know how they look like, need to take off a wheel.

·
Registered
784 Posts
New rotors are not very much. I picked up a set of aftermarket brembo rotors for my car for like $50 on ebay.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yes they were brand new in the original Brembo box. Zinc plated and cross drilled.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
well swap out the Rotors and take it for a drive and see if it vibrates during braking if it does that was your problem if it doesn't remedy it feel free and put them back and get new tires but ive never had a tire cause a vibration during braking unless someone likes slamming the brakes and leaving a 50 foot patch of rubber on the road and flatspotting it

rub your hand along the inside of the tire and see if theres a blister ( bubble ) most of the time it happens on the outside after the belts in the wall brake and that could cause a wobble ..
usually what I do is find a flat piece of concrete and roll the tire and see if it wobbles Ive had tires with a slight wobble but don't cause any adverse effects to the driveability

if the tire rolls and has such a wobble that it tips I would check the wear pattern I have a set on my fofo right now that wil tip thats due to a shot suspension (Broken Stab links, 1 bad outer 1 bad inner tierod, bad balljoints with a bent control arm)
funny thing is the tire had very bad wear but doesn't vibrate/wobble even with all the new parts

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
o_O Wow double post and I hit post once LOL

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New rotors are not very much. I picked up a set of aftermarket brembo rotors for my car for like $50 on ebay.
Try looking for brembo rotors for an 06[gunfire]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts