Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
954 Posts
Was unable to reset my password on my android phone. Some kind of cookie glitch. Was able to change it on my work computer. Enjoyed my break from FF.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Still prefer the old version as it was easier to navigate and don't care for the bright white background which is hard on the yes.
I'm only on here every few weeks since the change.

·
Administrator
444 Posts
As I predicted, veteran members who contributed their knowledge are tired of the navigational difficulties of this disaster. I'll say it again, put the old site back up.
This is not possible. We do like to hear what you like and don't like. Your collective constructive feedback is how the dev team builds out updates to make the site better.
-Philip

·
__________/\__
2,155 Posts
This is not possible. We do like to hear what you like and don't like. Your collective constructive feedback is how the dev team builds out updates to make the site better.
-Philip
Dark mode and now this:

"we’ll be releasing a new Premium Membership experience"

So now you are going to charge me so I can contribute to your site?

No thanks.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,072 Posts
Or become a premium member to save a picture or post in high res.

Nope. Just shut it down now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
__________/\__
2,155 Posts
Or become a premium member to save a picture or post in high res.

Nope. Just shut it down now.

I've been gone for a while and I come back to this? What happened to Tom, the original FF owner, and why did he leave? Someone should make a new forum for us all to go to and keep the free community alive.
Because they found the formula for success:

1. Trash the site with a new ad friendly template
2. Ignore complaints that navigation/appearance/presentation is awful
3. Remove reps
4. Charge for premium access so veteran contributors can post high res photos
5. Snarky comments from moderator

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,072 Posts
I've been gone for a while and I come back to this? What happened to Tom, the original FF owner, and why did he leave? Someone should make a new forum for us all to go to and keep the free community alive.
He sold it to AutoGuide in 2017 I think it was. They didn't uphold their end, bridges burned, now we have a junk forum.

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
Use to be on this multwtimes a day. Now I think it has been two weeks since I last looked at what activity has occurred. The last few nails in the coffin have been set.

·
Registered
15,741 Posts
This exact same format has come to several other sites with different brands and it is just as much crap there as it is here.

They did the same, removed most post headers to preview and now you do 10 moves to get what you used to in 2 or 3. Obviously to show more ad.

And now lately apparently the new setup is easier to fault or hack, I run into a lot more site errors since they all changed to this format. Odd artifacting that comes and goes, pieces of page gone and then back. And now most of the sites seem to be getting bombed with big loads of foreign language spam postings in groups of 5 or so at a time.

Whoever made this mess is lying at least to themselves, they dumbed down to meet the cellphone crowd and it shows. They talk about improvement but it's bad enough functionally that no improvement is going to bring it back.

I use the site to blow time, being retired now. The only good thing I can say is that what used to take an hour to cover now takes typically an hour and 20 minutes, it's that much slower getting through what I used to. If the site design was to make money by cutting workload the designers would have been fired in the first week.

What a mess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
And again today. Where the hell is the moderators? I've seen this site tank in the past 30 days, the hell if I'd ever buy a subscription here.

I've never seen spam posts stay on a forum as long as this one. Some of the others I'm on no more than an hour someone has it handled. They will ban the user and block the ip address every time.

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
And again today. Where the hell is the moderators? I've seen this site tank in the past 30 days, the hell if I'd ever buy a subscription here.

I've never seen spam posts stay on a forum as long as this one. Some of the others I'm on no more than an hour someone has it handled. They will ban the user and block the ip address every time.
We have always had spam on the site for as long as i have been a member. Us mods clean things when we see them. I know all of you are smart enough to ignore spam. The site prevents them from posting links, so for the most part its just benign text...pretty easy to ignore (or report it.)

Most of these posts happen at like 3am...and most of us mods sleep. Gentle reminder, all the mods are volunteers. We just happen to like you lot and this site so we try to take care of what we can when we see it or are notified.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We all appreciate what you do for sure and understand it's not a paid position. There just isn't enough of you / not enough are as frequent visitors anymore it seems.

Other forums I'm on have people from all over the world on them and there's a mod in every area, not just the US.

·
Grey Friar
735 Posts
And that EXACTLY what's wrong with this site after "the change". When any website is created to be an information source and a cooperative effort to link consumers with producers, who are both interested in the same thing, then volunteerism and unpaid moderators are a given. But when a website exists for nothing more then the enrichment of a bunch of layabouts, who's plan is to siphon money from desperate advertisers and/or gullible "subscribers", then all moderators should be paid (brought into the scam, not used by it). Information site = common good, verses, money-site = everybody should be an employee. .. that's fair, and that's how you can tell the good sites from the scam sites.

That said, I haven't seen a ton of inserted ads lately, not like it was right after the change. Not sure if that's due to a fall-off in popularity of this site and loss of advertisers, or if that's due to a change in site philosophy. Any guesses?

121 - 140 of 147 Posts