Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
__________/\__
2,155 Posts
They replaced them with a reaction score and points, click your profile page, they show up there. You are doing quiet well in both @2,350 reaction and 113 points (I only have 820 reactions but same 113 points.) FFSupport only has 35 and 28, respectively lol. I am not sure what the points do (lots of us have 113 for some reason) but then i am also not sure what the rep points did either.
It was asinine to delete the reps. And "thumbs up" should not in any way be tied to someone's reputation. On the old site, reps were hard earned and only given when you did a write up, a "how to" or posted something truly helpful to the forum. A "thumbs up" could be for nothing more than a funny post.

I have been a member here for over 5 years, had 34 hard earned reps and over 100,000 points. I learned a lot here but I feel I also contributed.

·
Administrator
444 Posts
My best guess is reaction points are earned when someone gives you a "thumbs up" on your message. I just gave you a thumbs up; what changes did you see? The points structure is based on an accumulation of various goals or "trophys". If you click on your point value it'll give you a summary. In my case 1 point for first post, 5 points for 30 messages posted, 2 points for somebody reacting positively to one of my messages. I have a total of 8 points.
You hit it exactly, and as it's explained in the FAQ,
Reaction Scores are currently the total positive contribution you receive from the community.
And Points are indeed tied to the trophy system, both of which may see further development into the new year

-Gerrit

·
w/ my magic bag
29,394 Posts
It was so much quicker to see who had rep's & how many......

·
Administrator
444 Posts
What's with all the damn round gray blots that block EVEYTHING from being read?? Go back to the old forum style.
This is an issue only encountered with Microsoft browsers, mostly because microsoft is no longer supporting modern scripts on IE. I recommend trying this on a different browser and the issue will resolve. :)

-Gerrit

·
Registered
15,741 Posts
What happened to the page formatting today? Every page suddenly spaced out to be whoppingly longer, it now takes forever to get through the entries.

Not that this format is any better, I used to be able to quick scan every forum section without even going into it, that is all gone now and I have to go into every section now to get what I had instantly before.

If everything else is as bad as this website now is as compared to before it's no wonder things in this country are so messed up. You have to do way too much work now to get where you used to easily before. Or load up on specialty shortcut 'tips' that have to be memorized, again more work.

Apparently several other sites have gone to this same platform, I no longer post on those as much as I did either. It's simply way too much work now, I feel like I should be getting paid for it.

Too many other sites still get you around in them faster and better, been going to those of late. Computers are supposed to speed up your time not waste more of it. This site format is waster deluxe.

·
Grey Friar
735 Posts
The internet used to be all about information sharing. But since some "genius" lay-about determined a way to make money without the need of contributing anything useful, and developed the formula for "number of site hits = equals amount of ad money", many greedy do-nothings decided to "refine" that system of money acquisition. Now pop-up, drop-down, cycling, profiling, and (the one you mentioned) "spreading text" to pass over more ad space and increase number of page changes required to find the information you came to the site for, are becoming more and more common.

Apathy and disgust will eventually limit the amount of attention and hits that the sites using that formula get. Besides, many people like to watch a repair or modification take place (especially noobies without access to a shop, or an older gear-head sib or dad, or classroom instruction) to actually see how to do something. Youtube has almost everything you can do to a car uploaded... all brands, many years. The ads and time wasting that someone must endure are minimal on Youtube compared to the sites that have accepted the credo of "kill the goose that lays the golden egg". Too many ads will eventually kill that goose.

·
Administrator
444 Posts
Heya guys,

We had a few glitches this week with CSS formatting and the location settings which should both be resolved by the end of the day.

Sorry for the inconvenience as we tweak settings.

Jeff M

·
__________/\__
2,155 Posts
Heya guys,

We had a few glitches this week with CSS formatting and the location settings which should both be resolved by the end of the day.

Sorry for the inconvenience as we tweak settings.

Jeff M
Tweak settings? Are you serious? This site is a disaster now. I write in pure HTML and I have never seen anything quite this bad. The white space is blinding as it is on so many of the new poorly coded sites.

·
Grey Friar
735 Posts
I suppose the white space is so the ads will stand out better. It certainly isn't so the grayed letters in the posts will stand out. This site is now just another "gimme" site for underemployed slackers, no longer an information site.

·
Registered
876 Posts
If any of you guys have a smartphone or tablet. Please download Tapatalk. All of the ads and annoying irritating things disappear. It makes things super easy to edit and easy to upload pictures. Also I've never seen pictures disappear that were uploaded from this app.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,394 Posts
Yea but it doesn't get rid of this format vs the previous one.......Have a look at other forums, clean & no clutter & super easy......

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yea but it doesn't get rid of this format vs the previous one.......Have a look at other forums, clean & no clutter & super easy......
I only use tapatalk they all look very similar. That's what is great about it. Pictures are super easy to upload, edit, delete whatever. I never noticed the change at all.

·
Registered
15,741 Posts
You never noticed the change because you have a page now literally with only half as much information as it had before. Well of course that is simpler, it's for a 4th grader.

I want information overload, my simple little brain can handle it. And not having to click 50 pages to get where I used to be before with no clicks at all. If this site design were used at work they would fire everybody that pushed it, it is much less efficient than before and is a money waster in a true work environment.

Why I loathe cellphones, the wife has one but I get on it and in 2 minutes I'm wanting to smash it in a million pieces because it is so slow getting what I need out of it. The extra steps are maddening. And if you are reading anything higher than Jack and Janet and Tip get the ball you are wasting your time.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I monitor things by timeline I like to read everything that I can that is applicable to me. If I want to save it I subscribe to it. Tapatalk breaks things up in to timeline, unread, participated and subscribed.
I don't own a desktop computer anymore. I have a laptop I rarely use anymore.
We use tablets at work.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Not really a fan of the changes either especially the all white background which makes reading posts harder and the ads are intrusive and not seeing where navigation is easier.
Maybe I'm old and don't like change but it sure made me frequent the site a whole lot less.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not really a fan of the changes either especially the all white background which makes reading posts harder and the ads are intrusive and not seeing where navigation is easier.
Maybe I'm old and don't like change but it sure made me frequent the site a whole lot less.
You can go into your account settings>preferences and select dark mode. It makes the background black and the text white.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts