Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

__________/\__
If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

We're hoping to roll out some new payment options so some premium status with reduced ad content and other perks.

Gerrit

-Gerrit
Sorry Gerrit but I am afraid you are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as it's going down.

This format doesn't work. It has pissed off the long time contributors and will surely lower the number of repeat visitors.

w/ my magic bag
Sorry Gerrit but I am afraid you are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic as it's going down.

This format doesn't work. It has pissed off the long time contributors and will surely lower the number of repeat visitors.

Say I used that line in here some where before......

FF Affiliate
Discussion Starter #83
You're a paying vendor so it's only you that are not seeing ads. Everyone still get bombarded with ads
I am paying to be on FF yes but on this page alone I still have 10 adds showing , VERY annoying , If " paying " people still see what I am seeing why pay ??????????????

Tom

Administrator
I am paying to be on FF yes but on this page alone I still have 10 adds showing , VERY annoying , If " paying " people still see what I am seeing why pay ??????????????

Tom
Hey Tom,

As mentioned you have the personal contact of someone from the company who is there to help with any issue that requires resolution specifically for you. If they are not responding to your needs please let me know as this is something I can affect for you.

-Gerrit

FF Affiliate
Discussion Starter #85
I have called a few times and told them my thoughts , The problem is ... Ok you might be able to fix this for me where i might be happy but what about the other guys here now leaving like a sinking ship or the new ones that are already posting there dislikes of the new site all over the web , This isnt just about me , Why typing this my 11 year old grand some was sitting beside me wanting to look at youtube racing and to the Left a close to NAKED Lady in a add banner showed up very LARGE , can you tell me why a add with a half nakad lady on it like that needs to be in this Forum , Savage Fenty , wife walked in and was pissed thinking I was showing that to my Grandson , uncalled for !!!!!!

Tom

Registered
I for one am already sick of all the extra moves I'm having to make to go where I want on this site now. It's obvious somebody is paying for more mouse clicks. You got me now opening up every single forum section to see what the latest thread was where before they could be quick scanned for each last post in one scroll down the page. Or 45 clicks (I quit counting past that) when I didn't have to do one before, brother, if that is what we call progress now I want my cave back.

Scaling to fit any device is part of the problem, when one has a whopping big desktop monitor you don't want that, the desktop can hold 10X the info a phone screen can, you dumbed it down to be worthless. What happens when you claim less is more, and how the world will end likely. The phone screens will all be saying 'IT'S WAR! Hit all the missile fire buttons!, and the bigger desktop screen will include the rest of the message the phone has cut off, or "Disregard the former message of 10 minutes ago, we have struck a peace agreement!

A typical McDonald's resolution to the issue. When the 40% rule like now then all we need is 40% of any solution and problem is 'gone'. Except that it isn't.

Registered
I for one am already sick of all the extra moves I'm having to make to go where I want on this site now. It's obvious somebody is paying for more mouse clicks. You got me now opening up every single forum section to see what the latest thread was where before they could be quick scanned for each last post in one scroll down the page. Or 45 clicks (I quit counting past that) when I didn't have to do one before, brother, if that is what we call progress now I want my cave back.
In the top right hand corner of the page there is a comment bubble that says new. Click on that and it'll take you to all the new posts since you last checked. When you're done looking at what you want; click on Mark all read and this will clear the unwanted posts you're not interested in giving you a clean slate when you pop in again later.

For the record I'm indifferent on the website update. I do see that they are making changes on the fly based on feedback so that's a good thing.

w/ my magic bag
What he's talking about is w/ the old proven site that worked great for yrs, is you could click the UP link at the top left & it'd take you back to all that you replied to....I miss that feature also, just a quick click is all it took to check your feedback for ppl that are asking about their problems/issues/ect.....

Registered
What he's talking about is w/ the old proven site that worked great for yrs, is you could click the UP link at the top left & it'd take you back to all that you replied to....I miss that feature also, just a quick click is all it took to check your feedback for ppl that are asking about their problems/issues/ect.....
I'm not comprehending what you've stated. I know from other forums the up arrow takes you back to the top of the thread page. Is this what you mean?

I was only a member of this forum a few weeks before they changed. I did note they used the same platform as another forum I've been a member of for many years.

One thing that I liked and seems to be missing is in the user preferences, the option to show newest post first. If it's a feature in the new format I have not found it yet. I noticed in the "new" list if you open a thread it brings you to the most recent post. You then have to scroll up to see the posts you've missed. That's kind of the same but I'm a creature of habit.

Registered
I for one am already sick of all the extra moves I'm having to make to go where I want on this site now. It's obvious somebody is paying for more mouse clicks. You got me now opening up every single forum section to see what the latest thread was where before they could be quick scanned for each last post in one scroll down the page. Or 45 clicks (I quit counting past that) when I didn't have to do one before, brother, if that is what we call progress now I want my cave back

The sites layout is definately designed for maximum clicks.
The rotator every 30 seconds makes typing any lengthy response a chore.

Thats What She Said
Is that not the same thing as the Following link? just have to click on your avatar to get the drop down and click follow?

Registered
I have called a few times and told them my thoughts , The problem is ... Ok you might be able to fix this for me where i might be happy but what about the other guys here now leaving like a sinking ship or the new ones that are already posting there dislikes of the new site all over the web , This isnt just about me , Why typing this my 11 year old grand some was sitting beside me wanting to look at youtube racing and to the Left a close to NAKED Lady in a add banner showed up very LARGE , can you tell me why a add with a half nakad lady on it like that needs to be in this Forum , Savage Fenty , wife walked in and was pissed thinking I was showing that to my Grandson , uncalled for !!!!!!

Tom
馃憥馃槵
So we are getting dodgy website ads on here, thanks for the warning.

w/ my magic bag
So what was the purpose of all this change? So it looks like all the other sites they own?

w/ my magic bag
They also deleted the rep's.......

Registered
So what was the purpose of all this change? So it looks like all the other sites they own?
I don't know much about internet forum platforms but like anything else that involves technology I can only imagine that the infrastructure no longer supports the old platform. There comes a point where you have to replace your technology (servers, network, operating systems, etc) as they are at risk of failing/no longer supported and the old software no longer works on the new platform. You're essentially forced to customize and/or select a new platform. Guess which one is the lowest cost?

I do get both sides, it's a fine line between giving your customer what they want and being able to pay the bills and make a bit of money.

So mote be it
They also deleted the rep's.......
They replaced them with a reaction score and points, click your profile page, they show up there. You are doing quiet well in both @2,350 reaction and 113 points (I only have 820 reactions but same 113 points.) FFSupport only has 35 and 28, respectively lol. I am not sure what the points do (lots of us have 113 for some reason) but then i am also not sure what the rep points did either.

Registered
My best guess is reaction points are earned when someone gives you a "thumbs up" on your message. I just gave you a thumbs up; what changes did you see? The points structure is based on an accumulation of various goals or "trophys". If you click on your point value it'll give you a summary. In my case 1 point for first post, 5 points for 30 messages posted, 2 points for somebody reacting positively to one of my messages. I have a total of 8 points.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts