Please see this thread:

Jeff M

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please see this thread:

Jeff M
Sorry Jeff but in my opinion you failed to hit the mark , It cheap looking like a child built it and all the adds really suck big time

·
w/ my magic bag
29,326 Posts
ID care for dealing w/ all the adds either, Its one thing if your lurking & not a member but I'm a member & all these adds that I'm not interested in....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,326 Posts
A Flag to denote your in this country & not your local location unless you point at it?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,326 Posts
Man all these f*&^#@g are driving me crazy, click them off & then more & more pop up.....Do you really want me here anymore?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,326 Posts
Man all these f*&^#@g are driving me crazy, click them off & then more & more pop up.....Do you really want me here anymore?
A child car seat add & then it mentions its been matched to my interests......wow.......

·
Grey Friar
605 Posts
The columns give it a cramped look, almost like the thread you're trying to access is a "problem" to the ad space. It does look cheap, and the site is much more clumsy to search. Trying to milk it out of existence?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,326 Posts
It looks like s#it. No other way to put it. The threads are spaced way too far apart. Overall, it looks like the whole website was made with 8 lines of code.

I know people generally don't like change. But this isn't that. It genuinely looks like dookie.
Don't forget about all the stupid adds.........

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
I've hated the changes since my 2 Nissan sites went to exactly the same format several months ago. Obviously they are all owned by the same group. They just now learned to be able to copy/paste/delete long chunks of text to then manipulate them after like 6 months of complaining about it. Things that other sites can do instantly or in a day or so. The big letter to the left if you have no icon and chosen based on your name is the silliest thing I've seen, I think third grade every time I see it. They ditched the exact locations there too for a while.

Yeah, we pretty much lost the orignal site organization structure like the other ones did and it is gone forever, only excuses on why you should think the new is better. I STILL hate the Nissan changes and done months ago now. It has definitely lead to posting less too, jumping around from subject to subject is too cumbersome as compared to before and nobody has ever addressed that at all. The other sites' software kept mixing up new as versus popular subjects and months later finally seems to be a bit more direct with sorting that.

They are dumbing down to put more eye candy in there, what the 40% now controlling things seems to want. Too much choice fouls up ADD brains. Now when you go to forums you get no latest thread in each and you have to laboriously go through each one now to see if anything new has showed up since they don't all seem to show up in 'new' when the new tab is clicked, only a limited number. I've had to do much more extra work to get around in the sites like I used to, I tend to look less now as a result and that is NOT changing.

·
Administrator
439 Posts
A Flag to denote your in this country & not your local location unless you point at it?
If your location is set, the exact location will be visible if you hover over the flag, or if you click on the avatar to open up profile information. All of this information can be set and amended from your account settings; however if you need assistance there I'd be happy to help. If you do not set any location, your IP will be used to populate the displayed flag, but it will not give exact location.

I hated the way the mobile version of this site worked, slow and unresponsive.
This is faster but still feels like that version.
Now it doesnt give me any choice to use a full version.
There is no difference between the mobile browser version and desktop.

I understand the change may be hard for some, but if anyone has suggestions to make the transition more comfortable, I'd love to help out.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t see the big deal. This has a very typical feel to nearly everything online now. Later on, no one will even notice any more.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts