Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a new fuel pump. im buying one this week i just was curious what fuel pump you guys tend to go with. i was just going to go with the aftermarket oem but if theres something a little better for a little more then 100 bucks id be willing to get it. i dont have any hardcore mods so i dont really need the upgraded pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a recall on certain fuel pumps that ford used and they would cover the replacement at no cost. Mine was acting up on my 01. It might pay to check if this applies to yours.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
For $100, you're going to be highly disappointed. I just checked Rock Auto.

First off, you're going to have to either do some more research on the part so you can be sure that you get the right part, or remove the old part so you can identify the right part before you purchase it. You might even need a special tool to remove the fuel pump.

Now if you're lucky and you have the fuel pump assembly with the metal rods holding it together, then you can get the cheap Airtrex fuel pump kit from Rock Auto. You can also get our 5% discount if you get the discount code from our Vendor Deals, Group Buys, and Special discounts forum.

You will need to ask or need to figure out which one you have. According to Rock Auto there are at least 3 from what I understand.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Was the airtex the correct kit for the car? Was the pump assembly held together with metal rods?

As far as what's wrong with your car, go back to the diagnosis thread. Read what was there before, and figure out how you went wrong in diagnosis. I always try the cheapest and easiest first. For example, and I know you checked this already, pulling on the coil power plug first to be sure those wires aren't loose. Then check that harness back- especially around the EGR tube as that's been known to cause problems when the harness melts on the EGR feed tube. Typically the damage is underneath where you can't see it easily from above, so be sure to rotate the harness as much as you can to be sure you've inspected it thoroughly.

I can't remember your description of what was wrong with the car, but give it a go again. We can only do so much from here because we're not there to actually inspect the vehicle- all we can do is suggest things to check.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah it is just a press together no rods. Im pretty sure it was the correct kit. And just for a shot in the dark I put a new coil pack on and kt didnt help so now I gotta just check everything or drop it off to my mechanic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ok..need that help also...what fuel pump to get??? or should i go to the yard again for parts...i got a zx3 ready for inspection now and now working on a 4dr SE with 172,xxx miles...no fuel pump sounds and it sounds like it wants to run!!! all fuses are good, no leaks and no check engine light!!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
You could try something easier and cheaper first......in the main battery fuse/relay/junction box is the fuel pump relay. Try wiggling it/tapping it with a screwdriver handle, or swap it for another same P/N relay from a non-essential circuit.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
And don't forget the emergency fuel shut off switch in the passenger side footwell. Make sure it hasn't been triggered accidentally. Push the button in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts