Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do a fluid change on my 2001 ZX3, It has 160km on it and i know it was never changed.

In every mtx car i have owned ive used GM syncro mesh and nothing but amazing results. In one case it completely fixed my 3rd gear syncro issues (91 talon tsi awd)

Anyway has anyone here used GM syncro mesh in the mtx75? How much fluid does the transmission take? What does ford recomend?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
MTX75 takes 2.1 liters of fluid. I used Royal Purple. I don't have any info about the GM Syncromesh.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
Ford XT-M5-QS was specifially designed for the mtx-75.

No reason to use any other fluid.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ford XT-M5-QS was specifially designed for the mtx-75.

No reason to use any other fluid.
That's the same thing Dodge and Mitsubishi and Mazda said about there fluid but GM syncro mesh was better for sure.

Ill have to call ford and see what they want for there's and compare it to syncro mesh

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
the difference is xt-m5-qs actually works. users have reported decreased rollover noise and improved synchro action.

Dodge and Mitsu and Mazda may have said that a particular fluid they already made would work for their tranny's, saying that "x fluid is recommended"... XT-M5-QS was made JUST for the mtx-75. It is also recommended for the ib5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts