Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone need some help. Bought my svtf a couple of months ago and am about ready to start modding it. I want to start out with some thing small money wise say around $200. Just wandering what would be the best bang for the buck so to speak. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
performance all the way if i can. the car handles like it on rails so I dont reallt want to mess with the suspension just yet. But, I do feel that the car needs alittle more ooomph on the get go.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Check my sig: The Steeda shorf shift is a great piece for the money..ford should have supplied that part instead of theirs.

Poly tranny mounts are dirt cheap (~$20) and made a really nice difference. Some people have had problems with these inserts squeezing out, but I have about 2000 miles on mine with no problems. If you want, VF-Engineering makes a nice mount, but its a bit more. With those two, you will be far less than $200 even with paying a shop to install.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Okay, you can go with a UDP with belt from FocusSport for $110.00, ORP, is a little over $100, besure before thinking about this one that you check your states Emission Laws. Motor Mounts are good, maybe even a CAI, or short ram intake. Screamon Demon coil and plug wires for about $150.00, a short shifter is priced well and a good buy.

As you can see there happen to be a lot of things in that price range. As already posted you buy what you want, whether it be for show or go. Or you can save your money, add to it and buy maybe a catback exhaust system, or so on, so on, so on. Its all up to you.

Keep us posted and Welcome to the site. [;)]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Theres a ton of stuff you could do if you want get a strut bar those are relativly cheap and decrease body roll a great deal as i hear I know you say it handles great already but some better handling would be nice =) If i were you I'd go for getting something to give it better throttle response its not that the motor doesn't even have much power in the SVT its that the throttle response needs to be quicker a new TB could help with that im not sure what else would but im sure someone else will answer this for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts