Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm getting ready to do some interior and engine bay dress up and I was wondering what faux carbon fiber wrap the community would recommend. I know that most local auto parts stores carry some form of it but I'm not sure as to the quality. Is there a website or specific brand I should be looking for? Also if you guys have already done carbon fiber wrapping on your interior or exterior trims feel free to post a picture and explain how hard it was. Is the wrap permanent? Does it leave a residue if you decide to peel it off? Lastly how Heat resistant is it? Just a few questions I have hopefully some of you guys can bring some light to. Thanks in advance![race]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
metrorestyling.com has great deals on CF wrap. I ordered their in-house wrap, as it is cheap and from what other forum members have told me, it is good quality too.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
What exactly are you looking to wrap? Smaller items can easily be carbon fiber wrapped legitimately. I can understand not wanting to do a legit wrap on your hood, but if its just small stuff do the real thing. Then you get to tell people that it isn't vinyl. Trust me, anyone who is familiar with working with carbon fiber can spot the fake stuff pretty quickly.

If you know how to lay fiberglass you can lay carbon fiber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts