Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exhaust can i get for my sedan. It seems everyone only has it for the zx3/5 and not the sedan. I have a '03 ZTS and i want an exhaust but i can't find one. Out of curiosity what are the differences in the exhuast system between the zx3/5 and sedan?[???:)]

·
Registered
847 Posts
Differences are bends in the pipe and length and stuff.

You could probably go to a muffler shop and just get a custom one made for about the same price.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have good experience with Custom Work...I say go for it

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
well what exhust should i get on my zx3...i have the 2.3 it is a 2004 i was thinking about magnaflow cat back....

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a 2.3L PZEV 3 door hatchback...I have custom exaust from the headers and back...removing everything on the old exaust...it runs awesome...15.2 second quater!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would go with the magnaflow which is what I'm about to purchase in the next few days. I know a guy who has it and it sounds great. It's not too loud, but you can definately tell his exhaust is after market. He also said he noticed a big difference in acceleration.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will the magnaflow fit the sedan or is it just for the zx3/5?

·
Registered
466 Posts
oops, sorry. The magnaflow I was mentioning does only fit the zx3/5. I'm sure someone makes an exhaust for the sedan.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Check it out:

I have a 2000 Ford Focus sedan with the zetec engine. I purchased a catback exhaust from magnaflow.Magnaflow DOES make one for the sedan.I got it at the shop where I had it installed.[thumb]

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think he's talking about the sedan with the pzev.

·
Registered
400 Posts
[screwy] Oh yeah...I should read a little bit better!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now that there are a bunch of people who have the different exhausts avail. Does anyone have a wave file of how theirs sounds? I would like to upgrade but am very afraid of the weed-eater on steroids sound.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey demo07,

If you live in Malden Mass. you can hear my Focus Central cat back some time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just make sure you get a 2.5" piping the motor is a 2.3 half a Mustang motor. you wouldn't put 2.25 inch on a Cobra would you? If they don't make a sedan syatem yet have one made by a shop with the Muffler of your choice.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone i guess ill be checking out the local exhaust shops around here

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just found this out. My local mufller shop will install a magnaflow muffler w/ 2.5 inch piping for only 220 plus tax. Deffinately got to a shop before you purchase online.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i doubt it was stainless steal though, if it is thats awsome

·
Registered
65 Posts
you sohuld go for the 3inch piping if it will fit 2.25 or 2.5 seems to small you want nice sound go for the biggest size piping you can get[thumb]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jaymoney wouldn't 3" be a little too big i want something thats going to look as nice as possible I don't want i big ass hole coming out of the back of my car. i think ill stick with 2.5

·
Registered
65 Posts
you wouldn't have a big "a" hole coming out your car....the piping would be under the car...the bigger the piping the better the air flow the better the sound...i used 3" inch on my old camero and it sound great [idea]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts