Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
www.trubendz.com get whatever u want. all catbacks will be similar in gains, which isnt much if u have just catback and an intake, do full exhaust... replace the mani, cat, flex, and catback if u want to make any power. 2.25 or 2.5 doesnt matter unless ur thinkin of FI

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just installed the Magnaflow Catback 2.25 on my car and has a deep mellow tone to it, Sounds good. 265.00 shipped off ebay, got it to my house pretty dang quick at that

·
Registered
456 Posts
I got to hear several different ones at the focus g2g I went to this weekend. I like the magnaflow, someone had a speedtrapp and it was pretty cool too.

I'm probably gonna go with magnaflow when I get my catback in December.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i love my Magnaflow i have also heard Borla on a Focus before and that also sounds nice but i think the Magnaflow sounds better

·
Registered
147 Posts
yea only diffrence between magnaflow and Borla is pipe size, magnaflow has 2.25" piping and Borla has 2.5" piping, and just remember this

-2.25" good for minimal mods
-2.5" good for super charger or all motor
-3" good for turbo

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
ALL_MOTOR_FOCUS said:
yea only diffrence between magnaflow and Borla is pipe size, magnaflow has 2.25" piping and Borla has 2.5" piping, and just remember this

-2.25" good for minimal mods
-2.5" good for super charger or all motor
-3" good for turbo
and different mufflers, and tips, borlas mufflers are polished, the only real similar part is they are SS and mandrel bent

u also can run 2.5 with minimal mods and not lose power, thats just a myth

·
Registered
292 Posts
I personally like Bosal because of the changable tips and silencers but if that isnt ur thing go with Borla

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's not a myth but very proven. You will lose lowend torque and gain mid-hi end hp. If you have an auto, it's very noticable and not recommended, unless you do headers, cat&Flex pipe and cams that are dyno tuned as well.

EuroZX3 said:
u also can run 2.5 with minimal mods and not lose power, thats just a myth

1 - 20 of 22 Posts