Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havesearched, both on here and google. and all i see is people saying cai pwns sri, sri is just for people who dont want to hydrolock, sri doesnt do much, cai is god, sri sux.

there has to be another reason they make them.

what is it?????
better throttle response? worse throttle response?

what rpms do they work best for?

which one is best for just track racing?

anything else they are good for?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
sri just add a bit more power, but you have to have a small box like heat wall around it to keep it from sucking in hot air from the motor, cai are way better adds more power and you can actually feel the difference between it and a sri, personally i would get a cai. i see you are also in texas, your best bet wold be a cai, texas is too hot for just a sri.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, texas is really hot, but i have also hydrolocked my focus in february, just turning onto a road and didnt see the puddle at the beginning of it

·
Registered
545 Posts
i like my SRI, it helps give more pull in the high RPM's, i got it becuase i didn't even want the slim possibility of hydrolocking, plus it sounds glorious.

·
Registered
557 Posts
VOLANT RULES ALL!!!!!

SRI till I DIE!!! lol

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
^^hypnotic SRI is that shiznit.
i got a vented hood to keep engine bay temps cool.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
FocusBoy949 said:
VOLANT RULES ALL!!!!!

SRI till I DIE!!! lol
wasnt there a thread about how a volant doesnt really perform any better than the stock air box?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yes. No better than a stock SVT airbox and snorkel. Actually the stock SVT airbox and snorkel ouperformed the volant slightly.

CAI only provide an average of 2 - 3 whp gains over the SVT airbox and snorkel. I'm not sure, but does the bypass valve affect hp gain?

Anyway, IMHO, CAI's aren't worthwhile for the money. But then again a lot of mods aren't really worthwhile for the money, at least not for me. The only way i'd get a CAI is with a bypass valve. I know a couple people that have hydrolocked their engines. No matter how careful you drive, it can happen

I paid $40 for my SVT intake shipped.

·
Registered
108 Posts
and it doesnt really matter since they volant and hypnotic are for zetec and spi soo..... it kind of odd how many zetec and spi people find there way in here......

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
it's because it gets posted on the recent threads block on the front page. and beside's why would we be jealous.. after all we can get parts for our car :p

j/k

just cus some have a duratech and some have a zetec or some have an SPI that doesn't mean we need to segrigate like we're in civics, neons, and colbalts!

i had a dream that one day we will rise up, and all foci will be equal!

after all a stop light makes all cars equal :p

·
Registered
950 Posts
^its because your slow cars can beat our slow cars

·
Registered
108 Posts
mad props to both darkhorse and jaimz, i chuckled at both replies

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Zal - have you tried the NOS windshield banner and "purge FX" simulated purge yet? I hear it adds 50 perceived HP.

·
Registered
108 Posts
and this children is a perfect example of how a thread gets completely out of control and off track. only thing is i cant decide if i am glad i am part of it or not

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
oh no sir, you're totally glad your part of it.

hey lets face it guys zetec duratect,svt or spi our cars are slow.. LMAO get over it. and not to mention this thread really didn't start out as a duratech only kinda conversation (other than the fact that it was in the duratech forum) i mean anyone with any car can have input on this discussion.

personally i feel like no intake is the best, just stretch an old cotton shirt over the throttle body and poke a hole in it for the MAF and your set!

(i hope you know i'm joking about no intake)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hey...we arent that slow

before the motor swap and when i had the stealth cai, i have atx , i ran a 10.4 in the 1/8 and my friend with a regular celica gt MTX with aem intake and catback he ran consistent 9.9

1 - 17 of 17 Posts