Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here to this site, My buddy told me about this forum! Just bought me a Focus the other day and im not to fond with them at all just know they look good, lol. Ill get some pics of it when the rain stop down here in Alabama, lol. I have a 2002 focus Se and wanted to know what engine do I have in it, it looks like a SOHC as I know of. want to add some after market to it! I seen the specs on the different engines just dont know what mine is! Thanks, Loyd

·
Registered
123 Posts
check out fueleconomy.gov for a lot of specs. It breaks down which years and trims had which engines...

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
It should say right on your valve cover. Its either a Zetec (DOHC), or an SPI (SOHC).
The zetec says Zetec, and the SPI says 2.0 split port on the valve cover.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If it says 16v Zetec on the valve cover then you have the DOHC motor.
If it says 2.0 Spilt Port then you have the SOHC motor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I see it does have the 2.0 Split port. Thanks. What all mods can I do to it since its not a duratec or zetec!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Turbo! Well if you are a pretty mechanical person that is. Guy on here named Jeff I would say is the turbo god of the SPI world, home built style. I think if you dig through the SPI performance section you should find some good stuff.
and don't think that just because you have the SPI that you have a worse engine, the opposite is actually true. The SPI is a very capable engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts