Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys I've got a quick question about tires...Will 235/45/18's fit my stock 2016 ST with no rub issues??? thanx for your help!!!

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
Moved to Wheels & Tires

It will likely be an issue given that a 235/45R18 is 1.8" taller overall in height.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just make sure when you fit your tires you check for clearances. Turn the wheel both ways and jack up just the tire to compress the spring and dampener assembly. Just to recap I lowered the car 1.5” all around and everything is fine, but I still slow down for speed bumps in a turn lol

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
BTW thats tire needs to go on the other side as its directional.....Really needs to be a 40 series vs a 45.......

·
Registered
45 Posts
BTW thats tire needs to go on the other side as its directional.....Really needs to be a 40 series vs a 45.......
That was just to test fit it up and check. You can put these on the other way, but you have to do all 4, or so I’ve heard.
I’m not about to be the first to try it out though lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
That was just to test fit it up and check. You can put these on the other way, but you have to do all 4, or so I’ve heard.
I’m not about to be the first to try it out though lol
Those are directional tires in which all 4 get installed going the same direction & which means front & rear on the same side unless you bust the tires & switch the direction vs asymmetrical tires which allows you to cross rotate tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts