Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
I hit 141.8 dB at 50Hz at FocusFest in my 09 coupe. 2 10" Alpine type E subs in a slot port box on a mrp-m500. I was suprised to do that well considering mine is setup for sq, not spl

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
my best yet is a 143.9 at a iasca based comps here in alaska. was a rockford t2d412" running off a rockford 1500.1bd constant power wired at 2ohms 2.0cuft box 44hrz. got 2 of the 12"s now gonna build 2 new boxes. gonna get them tested in the box there in now ( 1.5cuft a peice slot ported obcon)

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's always good to say what frequency was used to get your dB rating. It's easier to hit higher at higher frequencies. You can sit in a 154dB @ 55Hz, and then sit in a 140dB @35Hz and be amazed by the difference and that the 35Hz seems louder/better lol.

And are you staying with the xxx12? If you want to sell it, I may be interested if the price is right and it's a D2.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not selling my xxx as its going into a trunk build i am also working on for my GF. I love the lows more than 50hz ... its more impressive to do a good number at a low friequency Like 2 of my Friends ... one does a 147 @17hz and the other @20hz

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
how many subs you putting in that preview box you posted up? gonna brace it, right? you shoud do a build thread for it to. hopefully getting my current setup metered friday if not sometime in the next week for sure. then come early july im building 2 boxes 2cu ft after sub each 33-35hrz slot ported. then there is a comp july that i will be doing this will be my last winter/summer in alaska, either moving to cali or michigan. family in michigan cars in cali, its a coin toss lol. but seeing how im moving im trying to break 146db this summer show these alaskan people how its done in a hatchback. im a rockford fanatic to so i run all rockford and will be wearing a rockford t-shirt and hat splitting cost of a banner with a freind there will be about 4-6 of us side by side competing in all the comps taking them by storm.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love the lows as well. Id rather have my ground pounder than something that just measures higher on TL and doesnt hit nearly as low.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
6 12s is my vote. they sound great and that box will be plenty big enough for them. that and i always see big systems running 15 and 18s but not often see 12s. i say you set up a vote for it lol.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
lol, the best ive seen from a single rockford 2500bd constant power is 3840, about 2grang msrp close to that goal. i know i have seen a few rockford 4000.1 pop up for sale on craigslist ive heard of those doing 4k-4500 rms. used ones go for about 400-600 and rockford will rebuild them for a price. heres one dont know if its sold or not but $900 rebuilt with 1 year warranty [email protected] actually the best one ive seen yet http://anchorage.craigslist.org/ele/2595989271.html

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
true true

·
Registered
343 Posts
Waiting on a dash kit that looks good and functions so i can swap my radio and have a subwoofer without a LOC.

I had an 8" that did some ridiculous stuff in my ranger. Then replaced it with a 15" for a few weeks. then sold the truck and got ma focus :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
so, i guess no one else gets there system metered? well, supposed to be getting my current setup metered this week. hopefully otheres will chime in and post something.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts