Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plan on storing my SVT for the winter and I know your supposed to start it every so often to keep the seals in good condition and all that but has anyone ever heard of fogging oil? I know that i need to get a full tank of gas with fuel stabilizer, and a fresh oil change and all that but this way i wouldnt have to start it and it coats and protects eveything. My dad uses it in his 65' Corvette Stingray (pics can be provided) and it sits all winter till we start it for the first time in May. It smokes for a couple seconds then its good to go. Just wondering everyones thoughts on the subject.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
^^^

X2. If it's nice out maybe take it out for a few miles to let everything circulate in normal driving conditions.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So I plan on storing my SVT for the winter and I know your supposed to start it every so often to keep the seals in good condition and all that but has anyone ever heard of fogging oil? I know that i need to get a full tank of gas with fuel stabilizer, and a fresh oil change and all that but this way i wouldnt have to start it and it coats and protects eveything. My dad uses it in his 65' Corvette Stingray (pics can be provided) and it sits all winter till we start it for the first time in May. It smokes for a couple seconds then its good to go. Just wondering everyones thoughts on the subject.
Long-Term storage - maybe?

Winter storage - Nope. Just start it once a month or so and let it warm up for ten minutes.

Clean oil and a full tank of gas are good ideas though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts