Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a turbo i know i have been for awile... But i think ima get one insted of a street bike prob take out 4k loan just for it maby 5 to get better trans i want the fastest svt in nc. And i want tom to do it cus he lives like 10 mins from me

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Have you asked Tom?

It is gonna cost money to beat him.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Forced Induction section.

Tom still does kits that you fill out yourself with your choice of parts.

Following his suggestions for that part once you tell him the objectives/budget would be the best way to go.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Just for the turbo kit to get it tuned and boosting your looking between 4500-5500 depending on new or used parts , what parts you choose to use

Just let me know if you have any questions

Tom

·
Registered
658 Posts
So he's talking about getting a 4-5k loan to get the turbo kit, but won't he need close to that to build the motor up to be the fastest?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
The SVT can easily do 280-300 on the stock SVT engine , if he wants to go past that then yes he would have to do a built engine

I would get the turbo kit on then work on building an engine over the next year

To do a clutch , turbo kit , engine , small parts he would be looking closer to 10,000.00

Tom

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
So you're going to take out a loan for go fast car parts? Thats probably one of the WORST financial decisions you could ever make.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So you're going to take out a loan for go fast car parts? Thats probably one of the WORST financial decisions you could ever make.
Just about to say this........

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well just to let you know i already have a house paid off so what more do i need money for. im turning this car into a track car and prob get a st or a sti duno yet. and its just 5 k i can do a clutch for bout 600 from my mech. idk if he knows about turbos but yea so about 5k then somthing to think on. and i dont wanna be the fastest in charlotte thats for tom. lol if i wanted that i would do a engine swap..

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Well just to let you know i already have a house paid off so what more do i need money for. im turning this car into a track car and prob get a st or a sti duno yet. and its just 5 k i can do a clutch for bout 600 from my mech. idk if he knows about turbos but yea so about 5k then somthing to think on. and i dont wanna be the fastest in charlotte thats for tom. lol if i wanted that i would do a engine swap..
Great you have your house paid off. One of the better fianancal resonablity's vs throwing $5000. into a car w/ a loan & having house/ vehicle payments. Good luck w/ your choice,,,

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
you might have the fastest SVT focus in nc. i dont think tom has any terribly nasty foci anymore. but i wish you luck on the fastest focus in nc title. im going to be fighting tooth and nail for that title this summer. next year if i wind up needing a replacement clutch ill be upgrading head and going to a twin disk and we will see if i can get the title for the fastest on the east coast. that might be a stretch though but we will see. there are some nasty nasty cars around. my goal this summer is to get in the low 11's and God willing high 10s. if i upgrade next winter im setting my sights on low 10s and lots of broken axles.

of course i need to get the bugs worked out of the turd and get it fully tuned first...

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
I am building something new but not going for the fastest anythng any more , been there done that , still have the 12 sec SVT tho

Tom
i remember that sucker from waaay back in the day. ridiculous car. i still say you should have thrown slicks on it and went for it at least once for kicks and giggles. 10.9 on radials is just nuts but i think you could have shaved a full second off your time if you put it on slicks and just went for it but i understand your purpose for not doing it. you were making a point that the car could lay a scathing time down the track and still be reliable. if memory serves though, you drove the car to and from the track and eased it out of the hole every single time right? how many miles did that car accumulate before you got rid of it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I can't believe nobody has ever did the Escape 4 wheel drive conversion and threw a 700HP Turbo on these little go karts. Some of the Escapes and Tributes had a 4 wheel lock button you could use for the track.

It would make the focus everything we want in this new RS.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
A little OT,

The only info. I've seen on them (or seen in person) was that they only sent about 30% to the rear, hadn't heard of a lock avail. when it was discussed in the swap section or Rally area.

Some serious Rally folks used the Scorpio rear end in the Focus instead for better power handling, don't think the Escape setup can handle much. Saw a broken front pinion (trans takeoff) on a stock one being replaced when the housing broke at a local shop to me once.

A LITTLE 4WD info. hidden in the Road Race/Rally section, old discussions on 4WD in Engine & Trans Swap as well.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
considered an awd swap briefly years ago. after a little research i discovered it would be a nightmare trying to adapt components to work with the zetec and the escape swap would not work because it cannot handle the power and is mostly fwd biased like sailor said. the locking feature was specific to the v6 escape with the more robust trans that will not attach to the zetec engine. closest setup that would work would come from a jaguar if memory serves. simplest way to make an awd focus would be to rob complete drivetrain, wiring and computer from something like an evo or sti and transfer everything to the focus.

[facepalm] oh god i just realized how far i just let myself get derailed from the original topic. my apologies, im going to sleep now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts