Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im taking my car to tuffy tomorrow to have my tip (coffee can) put on and im thinking about removing the muffler cause the tip is kinda a muffller what do you all think will it make it louder cause with the coffee can sitting on there its just deeper not to much louder what do you all think had anyone had the muffler and resinatior off? and dont flame me about the coffee can if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Well.. I have nothing to say about the coffee can.

But I will say this. Awesome video on youtube with the strobes and glow. GREAT idea to mount them in your front grill signal lights... looks AWESOME! I have mine in my reverse lights, and my headlights.

As for the coffee can.... Meh. Its your car man, don't let anyone hate on it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the comment matt and thanks for not talking shiznit about a coffee can i dont have alot of money to work with but what im thinkning about doing is taking it there and asking for a 2.5 exhaust not name brand just custom made and see what they tell me than put the coffee can on there

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I COMPLETELY understand the lack of money. I know where you are coming from on there. But, let me just make a suggestions. SAVE. I know how hard it is to save up for somethingyou want to put on right away, but trust me... its worth it in the long run. WHat you save on install costs, etc... might add up to be a nice contribution towards a real full exhaust system, like a borla, magnaflow, or MBRP.

Patience is a virtue. I am still trying to learn it, though. Not trying to offend, just making a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know but my plans were to put the can on there along with the muffler del. and than let it go until next spring when ill have the money for T.B C.I.A Truebendz exhaust and spring kit so until than im ganna just run it this way cause i want to be diffrent from all other focci's around here. I want to be heard even if i have a coffee can cause so many people have them around here its like i want to be heard also lol. but u ddint offend me i understand im still learning and plus i wanted to wait for the exhuast for my warrenty to be gone so i can put a header on :)

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The lunchbox delete mod is more for sound than anything else, I did it and it was cool
then I ended up getting the focus sport exhaust like 3 months later.

knock yourself out and enjoy the added sound.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would think that the tip would be loud enough. With the muffler gone i would think it would be really loud. I would just try the tip first and see how you like it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Why spend the money if you're going to get 0 performance out of it? I just don't see the point when you could be patient and get what you want the first time. Much like people who get springs without shocks...makes no sense to me...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
N2O Focus its a weld on one and i dont have a welder i hooked it up just with a exhaust clamp and it didnt sound much deeper than the damn lunchbox mod so i asked the guy i know he said that if i run no muffler the tip will do the deal of the muffler and it would not be as ricy sounding when i get on it hard. so we will see and heres my optiion i spent 26 on a tip and maybe 40 for labor 66 dollers compaired to the exhaust 300+ dollers and about 70 to install it and if it sounds good ill keep it if not ill just live with it until i get 300 dollers and its not like when im done witht he tip i cant cut it off and sell it to a friend or something.... people laff cause its not a performace mod well the only real way i would put a whole new system on is with a header cause than u have to do the same job 2 times even though the exhaust you already have.... so for 66 dollers ill see and if i dont like it ill say to my self i wasted money and if i like it i will be a happy man..

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well just remember there is the cost to cut out the muffler and weld in a new piece of pipe. It just seems to me that if you take out the muffler you will get a lot of exhaust pressure into the tip and it may be really loud like a boat. You could look for other tips that might be louder if you can find any others. Also this could possibly make your car run worse due to the lack of back pressure, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
hey, what exactly do you have on your exhaust at the moment..how manymufflers, cats, pipe size.....

is the tip you are getting one of those resonated tips??

also , try to look around at local muffler shops to have a custom exhaust bended for you.

i had my exhaust made here for about 120 bucks or so..thats catback with muffler...they only charged like 50 bucks for the piping to be crush bent(too bad its not mandrel) and then they charged for the muffler. just a suggestion

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i had them remove the muffler and put my tip on and it sounds better than a exhaust even the man commented on it and he has a nice cobra..... very happy with my 60 doller investment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts