Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a kinda cheap way to make my car sound good. I have already had the resinator removed i was thinking of having the muffler cut off and putting a high flow muffler on it do you really think it will make it sound louder or better?

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
it will sound louder, depends on what you buy, but it could sound better... imo, save up for a catback

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i would just have a custom exhuast made with 2.5 or 2.25 piping depending on what your futire mods are then get the muffler of the brand u like and u have pretty much the same thing as a pre-made one

·
Registered
204 Posts
just know what your future plans are..cause i just got my 2.5" flowmaster cat-back..and now im kinda screwed cause im getting the hiboost turbo, and i need a bigger exhaust (3")

·
Registered
595 Posts
kool when are you recieving it? and please post results I would love to hear someone as excited as I was

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i say get a custom exhaust made from a shop....be careful with 2.0s lol no offense to anyone but they are easy to make sound like crap especially with just a muffler and no catback

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
^ dont cut corners. If you want a good low tone, get a catback and cia or sri. you'll kick yourself later if you try and take the cheap route.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah im thinkin the steeda cai cause i dont want hydrolock dont care if it boost my performace and than i was thinking of going to the muffler shop by my house and getting a 2.5 put on cat back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts