Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Paint the mesh black, and while you're painting that black out the chome on the top grill...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
agreed. i would black out the mesh.

people already know it's a focus, so i see it as not really needing to spell it out for them.

i think the black out mesh would be a good compliment to the fog light recesses.

on a side note, good job on getting the letters so clean looking though. it's hard to get that right sometimes.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
boooooooo,boooooooo j/k it looks cool maybe you should do the top to match

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Like it, but not the lettering

·
Registered
189 Posts
One Word NO!!!![V]

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you want it to be sexy........

Paint the whole grille again or w/e then paint FOCUS or FOCAL POINT in smaller lettering in the drivers side lower corner of the mesh.

That would look good imo [:)]

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I think it looks a lot better like that then the way it was before ;)

You just cut out the lower part of the grille that was over the mesh right?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
cruzstyle said:
im not gonna paint it black i made it like that so its different i dont like my car looking like every other focus it bothers me
No offense or anything but isn't that the deffinition of rice?

it just doesn't flow for me. But hey! if you like it...

some of the worst things to happen were done out of the best intensions
Logan

·
Registered
308 Posts
cruzstyle said:
im not gonna paint it black i made it like that so its different i dont like my car looking like every other focus it bothers me
Hey, you asked what we thought about it.

There is a thin line between different and dumb.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rice is thinking your cool and stickers give u 50 HP. modding my car to make me happy and not everyone else (ricers) is what is different im making an identiy not a i wanna be cool and fit in car. but that idea of the letters in the corner does sound pretty sweet i think i might do that. i dont know theres just 2 other 05 white zx3s on base and a few 04 and below ones that are white i just hate when people say "hey i saw you yesterday at blah blah blah" and it wasent me it was someone else. and then my buddy has a dodge ram datona in GO MAN GO (orange) for us non mopar people and u nkow its him hes the only one with that trick in who knows how many miles i just like making my car fit me and because after all i didnt just by a car i bought an idenity

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
im a tuner not a ricer i guess u can say

it's someone who makes a slow car look liek a race car with either fake parts, improperly installed parts, or just stickers for parts they don't have. Or teh wrong badging, trying to look like a faster example of a car. THEN (and this is most important) they have the attitude that their fake race car is faster than anything else.

Customizing isn't ricing. '40s, 50's and '60s customs are not rice, even though the vast majority of mods are purely cosmetic. They aren't trying to look like race cars (ricer isn't just an indication of asian cars or asian drivers, but a spinoff of the word "racer.") So custom modern cars that aren't trying to look like race cars aren't necessarily rice, even if built from commonly riced cars.

Rice is also not a fast car that actually HAS the parts the stickers say. Basically, if it can "back up" the race look with real performance, it's not rice, even if you think it's tacky looking. Rice is, after all, about fake performance and the attitude that a slow car is actually faster than everything else.

It was indeed a racial term, made up by a Korean to put down the wannabe poseurs in the "AzYn PrYd" community

1. tuner

A person who tunes ANY type of vehicle.
(Can be anything from a Honda s200 to a 1970 Dodge Charger) This breed of human lives, eats, and dreams cars. This person does performance mods BEFORE apperance mods, unlike the ricer. all mods are real and they dont think there cars are faster then every other car. they have real knowedge of automotives

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I am sorry I broght the R-word out. I understand what you are saying but, it just does look all that good. the letter aren't spaced evenly and like some one else said it the font doesn't flow.

Logan

1 - 20 of 35 Posts