Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I purchased a 2018 Focus SE. 34,000 miles. It's in brand new condition in and out. After about a month, I noticed that when you accelerate, the car seems to shutter. Upon doing some research, I found that Ford has had problems with this transmission since 2012 or so and has known about it. So, I took the car to my local Ford dealer because it was still under warranty. They replaced the clutch plates and re-programmed the computer. The car runs great now with no problems. I read that transmissions made after 2016 were better but from what I have been reading this might be an ongoing problem with my car. So...my question...keep it or sell it. It's a great running car and the wife loves it but I don't want to have problems down the road..I do intend to bring it in again before the warranty runs if I do decide to keep it..What do you think??

·
Registered
160 Posts
Get rid of it.
As above...sell it. No need to deal with Ford's Dual Clutch. Take a read at all the forum posts here about the DCT issue and ask yourself would you want to own this car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts