Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend i was planning on stripping the chrome off my grill and painting it, im just not sure if i want the grill to be flat black or gloss black. i was also planning on painting the calipers, im also not sure on what color to paint them. im driving a white 08 ses with 5% tinted windows. any feedback on colors would be greatly appreciated. oh by the way im getting the headlights and tails tinted in a few weeeks if that makes a difference on the colors.
thanks everyone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ahh, looks like we have two similar weekends ahead of us then lol. I plan on making the whole front grill flat black. Replacing the ford emblem with one that's completely black with the Ford symbol in silver. Since you have a white car, I think jet black or bronze calipers would look really good

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bronze calipers hmmm, never though of that one before. im getting black wheels next month, i wonder what they would look like with the bronze.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know any tricks to getting the chrome off the grill, i was planning on sanding down, but if anyone knows another way, im all ears.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not that the 08's look anything like a Subbie, but I can tell you that a lot of guys in that community love the gold wheels on white look. Not too versed in photoshop, but maybe someone else could help you out in that department.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the imput so far.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
does anyone know any tricks to getting the chrome off the grill, i was planning on sanding down, but if anyone knows another way, im all ears.
I herd useing a propane torch on the chrome works better than sanding. I also herd it takes a while to sand down the chrome... but whatever you do we need pics and let me know if you use torch... I wanna do that to mine too.[clap]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ill keep you posted with pics when i get done, im still not sure on the color for the calipers i might just wait till next weekend on those.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I accidentally melted a grill with the torch method. I was a little impatient. If you torch it, take your time, don't hold the torch in one spot too long.

White or black would look great for the grill.
Yea, me too man, but only a few spots, so im gunna try to fill them in and sand it.

As for colors, flat black, or gloss white for the grille, and white calipers!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was thinking about satin black because the rims im looking at are a low gloss black with polished lip. thanks for the lik about the torch, ive been searching for awhile and wasn't able to find anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts