Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
They look good. They are basically what alot of people here have in chrome. A ST170 projecotor alike. They have decent cut off and throw. The fitment typically looks to be good as well when installed.

The only issue i can see is when you installl any kind of bulb in these the light from the projector must pass over that area of chrome creating significant glare for others around you. Otherwise from other previous installers i have seen these to be a adequate aftermarket replacement.

Also a key note is they have CCFL halos meaning no replacing of LED's will be needed before installing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed there is a turn signal light..... How would i go about wiring that in... The stock headlamps dont have a turn signal on the headlight... Has anyone installed these lights thereselves

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Not a big fan, but I've seen a lot worse. The big problem I've seen and heard is they look good at a distance, but the side-to-side coverage is somewhat bad. Scary even. Personally I'd save up and go ST170.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would go with the one that you posted first, but the black housing version. I have seen alot of focuses with that type of projector, and it looks really nice. Not too much, but still looks really good. =)

Myself was planning to get that one too, until the eBay seller sent me the wrong one!!! T_T
*I got $20 discount in the end tho. so Not too bad

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I have that second set you posted on my car. They look a million times better than the first set IMO.
They are great quality headlights with awsome light throw once you aim them correctly.
The fitment is perfect, and they look awsome. Here's how they look on my car:

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I have a black set of the first ones posted. I'm doing a swap of Mach HID projectors into them. Until then, regular old black SVT's soldier on.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^^ LMAO!!! Come on get a Different projector i would never swap to a mach maybe a E55 yeah thats a uber up grade.

They are decent you get what you pay for.

If you ever plan on HID's do yourself a favor and totally forget the ST170 unless your planning to retro fit as well.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
^^^ LMAO!!! Come on get a Different projector i would never swap to a mach maybe a E55 yeah thats a uber up grade.

They are decent you get what you pay for.

If you ever plan on HID's do yourself a favor and totally forget the ST170 unless your planning to retro fit as well.
This is my first go round. With some experience under my belt I can play around. May sound silly, but I haven't busted open a set of headlights before. Once the virgin territory has been claimed, I may consider other options.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
If your considering doing it. Then i would go ahead and invest honestly. Because i have seen the mach projectors nothing entirely special. Just a Hella projector. Better off buying the same one off like amazon Hell abrand for cheaper.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would not go with proexhaust, i have been waiting since the 15th of august, and still nothing. He keeps saying their not in stock and i can have a full refund if i request. Why would the moron sell items on ebay he doesn't have in stock... I just told him to keep the money until they arrive. Everywhere else is too expensive for a set of halos

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SO im probably going to buy the second. my only concern is that im worried that wont fit a svt focus.... Has anyone put these lights on a svt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts