Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The new RS is clearly different than what most people were expecting. What do you think of the new design?

Personally, I love it. It's obviously more understated than I was expecting, but I like the fact that more energy was directed to the powerplant/drivetrain. It grew on me really fast.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts

This rendering was nice but (IMO) not appropriate for the intended audience (30+ adults).

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I like it, awesome,,,,

·
Registered
155 Posts

This rendering was nice but (IMO) not appropriate for the intended audience (30+ adults).
I'm in the demographic you describe, and I prefer the wide body rendering. However, I thought AWD, and the powerplant were far more important than the widebody.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was waiting and waiting for the reveal. ( Like I'm sure many of you were )

I was not disappointed with anything, including looks. I love it. [clap]

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
I would have taken a guess that this one would have a wider body, more pronounced fender flairs. I do like the way it looks, more subtle but still plenty aggressive.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
The fiesta rs may get the fender flares. The new focus cabin looks a little to busy for me, but I can over look that since ford is finally making the RS, selling it in the US and with AWD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it looks great, except for the front grill. They kinda botched it with that gray plastic piece on the top half of the grill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not crazy about the front grill plastic piece either.

Too busy interior, but understand it needs to be built for an average person as well.

Would love to know if they will eventually have some sort of track pack ie: rear seat delete, adjustable shocks, strut tower reinforcements, track key, etc..

Eventhough I'm older, would like it to have more exterior "pop", but not talking spoilers and flares everywhere.

I guess my biggest selling points are AWD and the possibility of being 350 hp...which could easily be 400 hp w minimal effort.

And with all this said, Hope the car isn't a pig in the 4000 lb range. :(

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Not crazy about the front grill plastic piece either.

Too busy interior, but understand it needs to be built for an average person as well.

Would love to know if they will eventually have some sort of track pack ie: rear seat delete, adjustable shocks, strut tower reinforcements, track key, etc..

Eventhough I'm older, would like it to have more exterior "pop", but not talking spoilers and flares everywhere.

I guess my biggest selling points are AWD and the possibility of being 350 hp...which could easily be 400 hp w minimal effort.

And with all this said, Hope the car isn't a pig in the 4000 lb range. :(
0-62 mph (100kph) 4.5 seconds has been mentioned.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love that it's understated. No extra attention from cops. It's really fun in my SVT to have some dude in a fart can honda pull up next to me at a light and start revving thinking im just a lowered ZX3 with a body kit. I then enjoy the look of utter dismay after I smoke him. This thing should spank an STi and it'll be real fun blowing the doors off all the obnoxious straight-piped mustangs in my city.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have had people blowing me up on this thing, they haven't given us ANY internal information about specs, build dates/packages etc.

I think its going to do better than the ST.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts