Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what you think of my mods list for my "go" so far. There is probably a few things I forgot to put in there but I'm not done yet anyway.

Engine:
1. Ford Racing 9mm Plug Wires (Red)-$36.95
2. AFX Underdrive Pulley-$105.00
3. Volant Cool Air Intake-$249.95
4. SVT Intake Snorkle-$25.00
5. Focus Central 65mm Throttle Body (Silver)-$239.00
6. Esslinger Lightweight Adjustable Cam Gears (Blue)-$249.95
7. Ford Racing Zetec Head-$795.00
8. Focus Central 10.2:1 Pistons-$379.00
9. Ford Racing Stage 1 Cams-$345.00
10. Diablo Sport Chip-$219.00
Exhaust:
1. Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust-$289.95
2. Bosal Flex Pipe-$109.00
3. Random Technology Super High Flow Catalytic Converter Pipe-$298.00
4. Ford Racing Shorty Header-$335.00
5. MAC Performance Copper Embossed Gasket-$19.95
Drivetrain:
1. Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch-$198
2. Fidanza Silver Aluminum Flywheel-$439.95

BTW- What do you think my quarter mile times would be with all of that? Roughly?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looks pretty good, Id choose a different cat-back though, I went with HKS, thats the only thing Id change.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
a little off topic here.....

Don't they make both an aluminum and stainless steel Bosal flexpipe?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
your missing rods...and all the machine work to build up your block... and if you were doing that, you would want more aggressive cams, and a race header...and 2.5" flex and cat-back...

get ready to spend serious cash...thousands upon thousands

ps...your not including cost of all gaskets...bolts...i say arp. tack on another few hundred just from that

one last thing...many of the items you are listing will put you into the 14's....but for what your doing and the cash your spending, you could have another 20whp on other items to substitute for what is on your list....

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
man start to get some small mods like exhaust and i dont even see an LSD up there which youll need, your also gonna want a stiffer susp. if you wanna drag, u plan on installing on that yourself too? like i said start a few mods like exhaust and intake and UDP and TB like everyone else, its good to have a goal but your s a bit just thrown out there

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kickn, I know I'm skipping some of that stuff like the rods machine work etc. It's just a rough idea of what I am thinking of building my car up to.
Oh, and yeah, I know I forgot the LSD but I just didn't remember to put it on there and an H&R Cup Kit suspension would sound nice with all of that with a carbon fiber hood, some lighter 15 inch rims, short shifter, etc. I was just giving a rough list of the things I wanted to do and I wanted to see if you guys have any better brands I could use instead. Thanks for the responses though.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if your gonna spend that mony id go for real coilovers

·
Registered
697 Posts
reading that list looks liek someone won the lotto lol or has alot of pocket change :)

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
John said:
if you really have all that cash to blow, Supercharge it.
why?...with the mods he has listed he will be making more power...lol (if using stock pulley)

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
John said:
if you really have all that cash to blow, Supercharge it.
why?...with what he has listed...it would blow a supercharged zx3 out of the water...

(unless custom centrifugal set-up)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if you really have all that cash to blow.......GAY........build the motor then think about nitrous and FI

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
it will be cheaper with the mods he's doing than to build a completely dif motor and get it to fit and a tranny to mate up to it.

id ditch the pistions and rods and just mill the head, save some cash, shaving a little off the head can boost your compression also.

pick whatever exhaust u want, magnaflow will make just as much power as HKS. go with what u think looks good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts