Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for anyone to voice there opinion about the takeover.

Good or bad!!

What do you like!

What do you dislike!

Tell me and us!

[loveff] [ffrocks]

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I like that spazzie is speaking up!

I also like the hunt. Its a little harder to truly join but I like that its more than posts.

I like most of the people except for that one kid...

And I enjoy having some say in what WE do...

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll start!

This is a good group of people, BUT.....

The club wasnt well thought out.

I was contacted early on about joining and was told why Luis wanted to start the club.

It was due to the elitism of another club.

I will be the first to say I don't like elitism.

There was a lot of confusion creating this group and there is a shit load of confusion still with this group.

Im a part of it because I was asked to be. I was chosen. I don't know why and I don't care.

But if Im a part of it Im going to damn well speak my mind!! and if you don't like that then tough shite!

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is not a random thread.

I will ask that post be deleted if you don't stay on topic!!

THIS IS MY THREAD!!

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I think it's still early. It's going to take some time to really build up. We'll have likers and haters throughout. There will be fights among us and lots to dispute about...

But in the end...we'll get through it together.

But lets not drag other crews in the mix unless we're talking about failures and or successes that can help us. No crew bashing...

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The big problem, is people think because I haz an opinion and VOICE it I'm negative.

I'm not talking down any group!!

Im active in both FTO and HN. HN never asked anything of me except to be there (threads) and ask for a number.

But some things have gotten out of hand with FTO. And I believe that's due to people NOT talking before doing! The decisions should NOT be made by one or two. The Founders should be talking and discussing whats next, what wrong or right. And then voting on it and then doing it.

My initial, thing about the hunt was its too hard for almost anyone to get it done. See how many have so far. Im one of 4........ That's sad. Even Luis hasn't done it yet.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like that spazzie is speaking up!

I also like the hunt. Its a little harder to truly join but I like that its more than posts.

I like most of the people except for that one kid...

And I enjoy having some say in what WE do...
204? Ahahaha no one does!! [thankyou]

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
Alright don't hate the Party Pooper too much. haha. IF some of this can be implemented then let it happen. Only if everyone...EVERYONE...agrees to them. If we takeOver, it may as well together.

1) 300 for a post count? I think if you hit 150 that should prove enough that you are here to stick around and not just figure out what your cars problem in and then disappear forever..

2) 2-3 months seems fair seeing that you have to have the post count as well. So going hand in hand you need one to have the other.

3) The HUNT... We have tried to make this easier, I think we could still do some work to it. Still have the 10 picture requirements, but not necessarily need the tags for it. IF you have the 10 pictures from some other event or just a neat picture, you should be able to use it. Chances are people aren't going to have every picture so they will still have to go "hunt" for it. So if you have them already, cool. If you only need one or two. GO GET EM!!!

4) ROTM- I think this area was rushed. No need to have it yet as there aren't many members like stated elsewhere. So maybe hold back for a couple more months...

5) This is a nice tight knit crew, which I enjoy, we all know a little about each other, can poke fun at each other, and no one takes offense to it.WE all help each other out with car troubles and personal troubles. It is like a mini spread out family.

6) As stated, this is a new crew, nothing is going to be easy starting off, there will be rips and cracks that need to be filled. And that will come with time and talking to other members about what will work and what won't work...The idea is here, the people are here, the reason is here. Just have to get them all flowing uniformly. Time will fix the issues that come up. But it is good to have a thread like this to have it thrown out there and get everyones mind together.

7) the hunt still causes trouble for some. I would like to see everyone get their pictures up somehow someway. and if we change the rules then it should make it easier or more convenient as well all....Enjoy Taking Pictures Of Our Car[grinking][clap]

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I'd have to agree that the hunt has caused the most greif, though has still been one of my favorite parts. I think the need for current pictures is what made it the true challenge but if people are going to be lazy enough and prevent us from getting "crew members" I guess something will have to change.

I guess a "hunt" of the hard drive still suffices. I think those who did go out and take shots with date signs are all the more merrier and get bonus crew points. lol.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think it should be hard. But then on a case by case basis maybe we could be flexible.....

Its a matter of do "we" want members or not......

And it's not about being lazy, some people just don't have the time, like even Luis is having issues with getting it done.

And I'm sure others are as well.

Dunno

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I just got a long "letter" from the "king" of the take over.

Let's just say, he's not happy with me. He wishes I was gone and that he never "asked" me to be here.

Something about me not being loyal and being a backstabbing liar.

I was under the impression this was a car Club for all focus owners...... Guess not. Is it only for those that are good lil robots? The ones that never make waves.. The ones that goosestep in time with the leaders "glorious" music.

Naw, this is just another car Club on the Internet. It might not even make it because I'm a drama Queen for voicing my opinion.... Not my fault...

To build anything you need a good foundation, you need a good team that's involved, not yes men or women, but real people that have differences. People with passion, that can work TOGETHER to build it up. Make it strong.

A lot of these things are lacking here. But can be established if people will listen.

Hope it's not too late.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First welcome to my thread! Truly! Luis

I'm negative because I care about others... Jeeez Luis get a grip... Stop making it drama. I'm trying to contribute....

I won't abide anyone trash talking anyone or thing. People share things with me... I know things. You should try that. It's amazing.

I won't STOP, being me for anyone. And you shouldn't either... But people are watching and it's not me being a dick.... People can see what you say and do. And it sounds like you "think" you are the king..

If that strikes a nerve maybe you should reflect A LOT!!! Juz sayin

People from TO have bashed HN. And that's stupid. I've seen it. We are car enthusiasts, we should be getting along. Not debating what we can't change but working towards what we can make better. If you think I'm just negative, that's your problem not mine. I can't help but use my brain see things as they are and try to improve what you "mistakenly" invited me into, as you said.

I won't apologize for telling people to f00koff. I've had a difficult life and I hate bullshit and I point it out when I see it... Again Juz sayin!!

I don't hate you, but I'm not that pleased with what you keep trying to do. With and to your vision...

Elitism sucks. TO is supposed to be for everybody. Let it be so and suck it up butter cup.

Stop ordering people around and be a positive for change. Be a true leader, not an elitist one! And accept criticism when it's given. Otherwise you and FTO will fail... Not because of me and my loud mouth... Because of apathy and lack of interest. Because you focus on someone instead of everything...

And I tried to dumb down the hunt so nes people could and would get in. I never said I would do it. I just didn't think I could, my car has no clutch for Christ sake... Yet to prove to myself, you, and others I did it old sk00l and my way. I DID IT!!! NOT YOU, when you get yours done thats gonna be grand!!

If that pisses you off, you need to grow the [:)][:)][:)][:)] up sir...

i do like you Luis, you have a lot to offer. But you also need to treat and respect individuals and their attempt to provide input, positive or negative. Ya might just find some gold ya didn't see before right in front of you. What you see as "negative" I see as input for positive change that helps everybody. Maybe you need to reflect on true negativity and its meaning as well. The Club is a positive, the hunt is a positive, the logos are a positive. But input about htem and what the demand on others is just that input. Its not directed at you or FTO, its directed atr building a better mouse trap. If you can't see that I can't help ya.

At this point Im sure you don't want my "help" because of what you mistakenly perceive as negativity. You need to read between the lines and see whats really being said. Im not a back stabber, I'm NOT a LIAR!! I'm not close minded and Im not trying to kill FTO. I want to see it huge and smiling at those that turned you away back in the day when you just wanted to be a part of "them".

Lastly, this is the internet. Take Amanda's attitude and let "things" stop pissing you off. Life is short and we need to enjoy it. Not cry about what people say that we don't agree with....

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
I think we should use this thread for some productive changes. Now that the fire is out we can voice opinions again. Its good to get things off your chest like you gents just did but let's try to work through the issues...

The logo thread...I'm not taking sides but its hard to vote on them in groups. I may like one in the group but hate the others.

ROTM we might have jumped the gun...

Hunt...I also agree with what others posted we might need to dumb it down. Those who do the full hunt get brownie points...but those who cant might still be able to become a member with a hard drive hunt.

Anyway...thoughts?

Kk and Spazzie kiss and make up now.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,087 Posts
I think they are full fledged making out at space's place.hehe...

I agree on the hunt...they like my idea whoop whoop haha!!!

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think kaykay is done with me....

Sad because I like the guy...

And thanks guys for Voicing opinions... We need to be constructive, Agreed! And I was never trying to be negative... Just trying to make things better, in my own way.

I'm all about being here or I wouldn't be... Right Jeff! ;-)

So if kaykay wants to talk it over its something he and I should do Face to Face.... But I'm not holding my breath, because I "believe" he feels I should just leave. He's actually told me as much. We've both made mistakes. So who really knows what will happen.

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
Im sad at how this all blew up the last few days. I don't like the smack talk over at HN after even KFC said no more...

We've got a bad wrap...and I don't know how to say it without being a dick but Kk come on man. Make us look good!

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ that ^

I'm trying to make peace....

But it's not easy.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts