Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. I was wondering if I could get an optionion on something that I will be doing shortly. I Have a Mach 1 sub enclosure and I am going to get rid of the stock "8 and work in a JL Audio 10" . Now my question is do you guys think its a good idea? I will be posting pics of my work as I get started with the project. I will be enlarging the mounting hole to fit the 10 and will need to do some other small mods. A majority of the work will be done using fiberglass. I hope that it works.

If it does and you guys like what the sub looks like I will try to get more boxes and do some more custom boxes and put them up for sale. The reason why I chose this box is because of its size and ability to be "stealth". The second reason is the weight factor. I want speed but a little sound never hurts. I am going to incorporate the both together to see how it goes. The speaker choice is JL audio's 10d3w6 which are very good in small spaces and this box is just what it needs. I found a few other speakers that suite this box very well; and those are the older SoloBarics and MB quarts. I beleive that a AlumaPro would be good too. Well I hate to lag on so I'll cut it short. Peace ................[wiggle]

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
I would just make sure the box that the 10" woofer is going into is the correct size for the woofer. Otherwise, you are going to get crappy performance.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
There's no way the audiophile sub has enough cubic air space to fulfill the need of an aftermarket 10". You'll get crappy performance as said, and will strain the sub, too. How do I know, I blew my he2 today, why after 2 months did it blow? My box is half the needed air volume.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
If you're going for speed you might want to relocate the box from the rear to the front of the vehicle. extra weight in the back end of a front wheel drive car doesn't help much for performance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool , thanks guys for the advise. I fount that the JL doen't really need much room but I am going to ask one of the guys at the dealership were I bought my car from if he has any idea on the internal volume of this box. Thanks again. I would like to send my condolances to Cowsgomoo for the loss of his HE2. My it rest in peace. [|)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts