Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally I started Muay Thai. It's a great workout, + I love punching and kicking people lol.

I've done karate for a long time and I still do it but the classes really aren't enough to get me in shape or satisfy my need to be competitive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have been really getting into mace training, also known as macebell training. Mace training is a great way to get all around fitness. Check out onnit.com or mrmaceman on Instagram to get the idea.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
Swimming is a great way to get into shape & stay that way......

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can share my experience, doctor said I had fat liver so this made me think about myself. I decided to make a change:
Two months ago ditched all the chips, chocolate, Coca Cola I was constantly eating in the evening... Only ditching this was MEGA step up !!
Extra plus is just 2-3 days after restraining myself I did not even feel the need to eat that anymore. Actually - not eating after 6 p.m. came automatic :)

Breakfast and lunch at work: breakfast optional but when I get the chance: one fist full of muesli with hot water (takes 30 seconds to make)...
Lunch anything that's LOW ON CALORIES (dry food - cut on sauce, mayo, ketchup, fat etc...), bread as low as possible, STOPPED eating doughnuts and bakery stuff. If I get hungry between meals I take fruit, everyone likes bananas :)
One spectacular thing I noticed - when you minimize eating all this mentioned, your body quickly stops wanting it.
It is really easy to change these eating habits.

Next step - One month ago I started running 4 kilometers @ monday, wednesday, friday.
After running - gym 1 hour.
Supplement Battery gold whey isolate before & after workout + once on a free day...
Started last week DAA with prolact block.
I feel 5x superb to what I was 2 months ago.
+extra thing, I started missing the workout on my days off, but I have to restrain/take time to recover to avoid damage.
Results in two months: lost one kilogram, and buffed some shape :)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,303 Posts
Great you got going on this^^^ Keep it up. Great you ditched the donuts......

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Personally I started Muay Thai. It's a great workout, + I love punching and kicking people lol.

I've done karate for a long time and I still do it but the classes really aren't enough to get me in shape or satisfy my need to be competitive.
Elyptical machine, ab lounge, weight bench, spinner board with hand weights. also I downhill ski and use a hybrid bike (offroad/road)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was overweight short guy 7 years ago, now 5"8 175lbs BF ~12%, ran one cycle so far only, eating healthy and I absolutely love it. It all happened because my mate from DSRLeasing asked me to go to the gym with him, he stopped working out after two years and I had an absolute blast [gunfire]

So the morale is, go to the gym - you don't have live on broccoli and chicken for 7 years, but in 3 years of working out both with your body you can easily get into top %30 of population

·
Registered
11 Posts
I set out to change my life a few years ago, started walking more, taking stairs, doing Jillian Micheals dvd’s (Laugh away lol).

I lost over 100 lbs that first year and a half or so doing that stuff.. and then a friend got me into boxing.

Fast forward a year and I’m in the best shape of my life at 37yo, competing, and coaching a sport I’m now totally obsessed with. So for me it’s Boxing all the way!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I weight lift at least 4 nights a week I've been doing that since I was 16, so 13 years. I've always had a job that puts me on my feet. I eat healthy stay away from fast food, I mostly cook at home. I don't buy chips, donuts, junky snack food etc. I go through periods of being a vegetarian for a good bit of time and when I do eat meat it's just poultry and fish, no pork or beef. We gave up our spare bedroom to turn it into a gym, and I also go to gold's gym as well for a different mix of equipment and exercises.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts