Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I agree, the black and CF ones are the best, many people are starting to realize this.

But its totaly up to you, If you have a decent chrome look going with you car you might wanna use chrome tails. it all has to do with flow man and what you like aswell, and to a small extent what other people think as well.

Logan

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I think that many steriotypes of what rice is have been created. Its funny because you cant have good parts with out saying there rice. Like you can't have an intake because its rice 60% I am guessing of cars that are deffined as "rice" have that mod, so you easily say its rice. Again you cant have those HID blubs on your car if you dont already have HID lights cause ricers have that too.

I think it needs to be rediffined what rice is.

Edit, the clear corners are a sweet and simple mod, it makes the clear lights every where else on you car flow together. (Head lamps, fogs ect.) But in a sense you might wanna use chrome tails to make them match.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
I think red on chrome looks horrible in most cases, way too much stuff going on back there (It looks good sometimes to me on black or red cars). That's why I still got clear corners, they go with the whole front of the car (chrome headlights, fog lights, why not bumper signals?). In back I got Hella tail lights and had them painted body color. They look a lot better to me than chrome altezzas - everyone and their mom has those.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that many steriotypes of what rice is have been created. Its funny because you cant have good parts with out saying there rice. Like you can't have an intake because its rice 60% I am guessing of cars that are deffined as "rice" have that mod, so you easily say its rice. Again you cant have those HID blubs on your car if you dont already have HID lights cause ricers have that too.

I think it needs to be rediffined what rice is.

Edit, the clear corners are a sweet and simple mod, it makes the clear lights every where else on you car flow together. (Head lamps, fogs ect.) But in a sense you might wanna use chrome tails to make them match.

Yeah I have halo head lights so it dont make sense to have thos eugly orange bumper lights...and there just 9.99. for the pair...so why not? also probally gettin the crome tail lights for it all to match....[headbang]

·
Registered
488 Posts
i stongly agree that "rice" has outgrown its original intention of the word...

if you like how it looks... then screw everyone else... that my opinion anyways...

what your suggesting should look decent
-AcId-

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
All the people on here talking crap about chrome tails very likely have no real experience with them. The ones I have are made by Ford Racing, and they are very good quality. They have never leaked, and they look great at night. I agree that chrome tails don't look good on most foci colors, but on my car, which is white, the chrome tails match very well. The color of the focus you are putting them on is very important. I love how my tails look on my car, and i'd never switch back to the stock tails. Mine look way better IMO than the plain and ugly stock sedan tails.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've never been a big fan of them. It bugs me that cars are coming from the factory with those style lights now. At the same time, it's your car. I wouldn't disrespect anyone for putting them on their own car, but you wouldn't never catch me with them on any of my vehicles.

Chad

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dunno I bought it (used) that way....I had to rewire the wires though..they were all ghetto rigged...They use H1's and they look really nice on the car.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also does anyone know If i can get those clear bumper lights from like Auto Zone? Shipping costs more then the price of the lights. lol

·
Registered
969 Posts
Altezza lights look great ... in 1998/1999. Unfortunately, factory taillamps tend to be more custom than the clear/chrome lenses in the rear. (my biggest complaint with the ford fusion so far)

Give me a nice solid set of lenses. On my black zx3 - altezza's would look goofy, while the stock red lenses look pretty good on the back. Just my opinion. Then again, I'm all about keeping a clean oem style look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts