Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cool idea...only thing I saw is that both the USB and Aux inputs are on the back of the unit...so you'll have to run cables. Only has 2 preouts also...if that matters to you. I know most of the newer ones have 3 now.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
That one looks pretty good, but I think pioneer make the best headunits. I have never seen one that I like more than the one I have. Its got awsome features, and the looks of it are perfect for my taste. I'd look into pioneer if I were you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
"Hmm..What are preouts..?"
The ability to easily add amplifiers.
Kenwood doesn't make bad decks if you want to take the time to figure out their menu functions. They have been a real pita in the past.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Not sure I'd buy a K'woody, but I'd have to say the USB flash card idea is pretty damn smart.

·
Registered
116 Posts
loudfocus01 said:
That one looks pretty good, but I think pioneer make the best headunits. I have never seen one that I like more than the one I have. Its got awsome features, and the looks of it are perfect for my taste. I'd look into pioneer if I were you.
What Pioneer model are you running? I was looking at the 6800, but I can't decide if I want to put a DVD model in or not. Not so much for the video, but just to have 5 times as many MP3's on a disc.

·
Registered
563 Posts
psenechal said:
What Pioneer model are you running? I was looking at the 6800, but I can't decide if I want to put a DVD model in or not. Not so much for the video, but just to have 5 times as many MP3's on a disc.
Not all DVD players can play MP3 DVD's. Make sure the one you are looking at can.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590

this was the kenwood I was looking at. Make sure you get a cd player that has sub control. makes for ease of integration of factory sub and amp. so It would have 3 preouts. Although you can still do it with the other 2 preouts the Sub control one might have a low pass filter to filter out the high frequencies for etter sub sound and longevity.

Personally I am a sony man but I have not been impressed with their product as of late. I had not heard that kenwoods were failure prone.

thanks for the info. you might have adjusted choices for a sereo.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I think my pioneer is the DEH-P3600. I've never had any complaints about it, and I just love how it looks, especially the display when its lit up. It really pushes my speakers too.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea Im diggin that x-590 ...Cant make up my mind just yet..So far the ''kenwood'' design is the only thing I really like..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
loudfocus01 said:
what unit you got, i am thinking of getting the 4800

1 - 14 of 14 Posts