Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a bone stock 2002 zx3 its automatic [:(] . Im going to the track I need to run at least a 16.8 or lower. Any suggestions on what parts to get. And if any of u have been to the track what did u run[?]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
16.8...take weight out, intake, exhaust.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
times will be different for almost all foci posted here... One big BIG factor is that every track will have a small difference in traction, temperature, humidity, elevation. plus many foci aren't tuned the same way, driven differently, maintained differently. Expect 16-17second 1/4's.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
something that helped me a lot when i had my autotragic ZX3 was the diablo chip. firmed up and quickened the shifts, and raised the redline about 500rpm. a pulley will definintely help as well for the much needed low end torque and quicker rev. intake/exhaust to breathe better (volant/thermal respectively, i'd suggest). a tighter suspension to keep the tires a little more in touch with the ground at launch, and some simple weight removal (seats, spare tire). that will definitely at least put you in low 16's.

to run a 16.8, i'd say pulley and chip you'll be hittin below that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im going to the track next Wednesday with underdrive pully and maybe an intake so I hope I at least run a 17 or 17.1[8)]

·
Registered
206 Posts
Something else to consider when you are at the track, unless you are running slicks, DO NOT GO THRU THE WATER BOX, it not only gets your tires wet it also leaves water at the starting line, and it will make getting traction hell for anyone else, just my .02.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've run as low at 16.55 in my automatic with just the MAC short ram intake and Magnaflow catback. It was a very cool evening though :) Normally I run 16.7x.

Drop your front tire pressure to around 21-22 lbs., pump the rears up to 40+. Go to the track with no more than 1/4 tank of gas, remove the spare tire and any other unecessary weight.

Manually shift the automatic. With your foot on the brake, when you see the 2nd yellow come on, mash the gas pedal, on the 3rd yellow, release the brake, gas pedal still mashed... don't wait for the green light. :) shift appropriately down the track, say at 6500 rpm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a damm good time. I wont have an catback yet just the underdrive pully and a ram intake. With my luck it will be hot. Its always hot here. Thanks for the advice on the shifting.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
What track do you go to that lets you in the waterbox with stockers?? Hey Ray how are ya?? long time no type!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts