Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eagle "ESP" 3-D H Beam Connecting Rods - 5.483"
Will these rods bolt in with the wiseco pistons??
http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/product.asp?ProdID=6234&CtgID=

and

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-ford.html
Complete Gasket Set
Hussey Copper Gasket
ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
(84.8, 85, 85.5, 86mm bore) and
(8.5-1, 9.5-1, 10.5-1, 11-1 comp ratio)
ROSS Performance Rings
Performance Wrist Pins
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings
Thrust Washers
Timing Belt
Expansion Plugs

Am I missing anything else? My supercharger was actually making 12 psi which I found out when i put in a new boost gauge. I also tracked down an oil leak to the head gasket, and there was smoke coming out of the breather tube and out of the dipstick tube. Don't KNOW how the shop missed this when they told me my belt was slipping from a bad tensioner???

I'm going to buddy my haynes manual and march 6th, the engine is coming out. I just need to make sure I have all the parts for a rebuild.

Besides the parts listed is there anything else I'll need? I also plan on having the block blueprinted and balanced.

·
Registered
488 Posts
while your at it, i'd replace the oil pump and water pump depending on how many miles you have on them...

if your gonna overhaul, you might aswell do it right....

also, i assume the pistons come with rings....

i'd also suggest the lower comp. pistons w/ a blower setup... either the 8.5:1, or the 9.5:1's...

I also assume you have a large set of feeler gauges (to check proper ring gap and clearance with ring only slid into cylinder) , some plastigauge (to measure oil clearance of rod/main bearings), and an accurate torque wrench..

yes, you will have to have the rotating assembly fully balanced... and would suggest having the cylinders honed to match the pistons

other then that... if your doing it yourself... just take your time and do it right
-AcId-

·
FF Affiliate
30,619 Posts
There are a few things in this list from that page that bother me , Like

Complete Gasket Set (If this is a full gasket set why add copper gaskets , copper gaskets are not good for a boosted daily driver , i would never use them)
Hussey Copper Gasket
ROSS/Wiseco Forged Pistons
(84.8, 85, 85.5, 86mm bore) and
(8.5-1, 9.5-1, 10.5-1, 11-1 comp ratio)
ROSS Performance Rings (Ross dont make rings)
Performance Wrist Pins (all ready come with pistons)
TOGA HP Main Bearings (use good name breand bearings )
TOGA HP Rod Bearings (use good name brand bearings)
Thrust Washers (Focus doesent have one , its made onto the main bearing)
Timing Belt
Expansion Plugs

I would look around a little more to many things are fishy with there listings

I dont see
Oil Pump
ARP head and main studs
you need to use good Fel-Pro front and rear seals
Stock head gaskets are the best i have found so far

Tom

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would be afraid of the wiseco pistons with the ross rings there... I asked my rep at wiseco about getting pistons for the focus they said they will make them but I need to supply my own rings. I do not know for sure but I believe that ross only makes pistons not rings. My wiseco rep said some ford place down in florida has wisecos but I never bothered. I wouldn't want the be the one to try them first and have a problem. Wiseco makes good stuff not trying to say anything negative but they have had problems. I just had a piston here for a KTM dirt bike that they drilled the boost port holes 2mm to far apart and they had me send it to their engineering department with the cylinder because I guess they didn't believe me? Well sure enough I was right and they would not even make me the correct one. This is a piston that they have been selling like this for 5 years now with the holes 2mm off... so I ended up getting a vertex which was correct. Well sorry for the rant but I would say go with the diamond pistons that is what I am going to do they are proven in the focus world. I don't want to test pistons for wiseco.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so I'll ditch the idea of that rebuild kit

Ok how about

$345 Eagle Rods
ARP 12 point rod bolts
ARP assembly lube.
$439 Supertech Pistons
Wrist Pins
Piston Rings
$50 New OEM Oil pump
$40 New OEM Water pump
$74 ARP Main Stud Kit
$112 ARP Head Stud Kit
$50 Clevite Main Bearings
$36 Clevite Rod Bearings
$50 Block
$100 Blueprinting/honing/balancing
$32 OEM Head Gasket
$22 Fel-Pro Exhaust Gasket
$60 Fel-Pro Gasket Set
* Water Pump Gasket
* Oil Pan Drain Plug Gasket
* Oil Separator
* Oil Pump Gasket
* Oil Pump Inlet Tube
* Rear Main Bearing Seal
* Oil Pan Gasket
* Rear Main Bearing Retainer
* Camshaft Front Seal
* Water Pump to Flange

~$1410

Also, my head is milled to 10.5:1 so I'd get the 8.7:1 pistons, anyone have any idea what CR this would land me at? around 9.4 or so?

Anything left out?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to call massive and try to work out a deal tomorrow, anything else you guys can think of?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks good to me. Where are you getting the supertech pistons though? I haven't seen them for zetec they seem like nice pistons. I can't tell you your CR without knowing how many cc your domes are. Someone might be able to give you a ball park though.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shit Tom, I didn't know you sold parts

ALSO** Does anybody now anything about zetec heads needing a special jig to be resurfaced or they don't come out right????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts