Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished painting my contour valve cover about to go buy the contour gasket do I need anything else to install it? Jw please lmk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bolts, Gasket, and Seal a Gasket just incase. Bolts are different sizes M16, if I remeber correctly.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's really a preference I do Contour Valve Covers ALLL the time if you look on the market place. I do installs for people also. There isnt alot needed as far as keeping oil in. However some people like the added security of it. It wont hurt it, but not completely needed if you torque to spec and right seqence.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
2 lbs then 10 lbs

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's really a preference I do Contour Valve Covers ALLL the time if you look on the market place. I do installs for people also. There isnt alot needed as far as keeping oil in. However some people like the added security of it. It wont hurt it, but not completely needed if you torque to spec and right seqence.
Exactly a little extra insurance is never bad

·
Registered
520 Posts
I only put it in the corners of the cams seals have that top 1/2 piece. RTV just makes a big mess IMO and is not needed unless the head has pitting where the gasket rides.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Here's a pictorial Guide:
Not the greatest but just did mine this past week on project ZX3.
Engine bay is still a little dirty.
One other thing You will need is patience,I don't know if it was because of the extreme heat here in Pa (105 the day of install) but the Contour gasket would continue to pop out on the opposite corner we were working in,had to use a little sealant to keep it in place here and there.
Otherwise,very easy install.
Mine is powdercoated "Super Ford Blue"

Ignore Dirty Engine Bay....

Thank God...no Gunk to be seen anywhere.
Last ZX3 had Gunk build up due to faulty EGR...this one is very,very clean.

Notice Contour Gasket not laying Flat....

Cam gear cover does not need removed,but loosened for a little give to place valve cover back in place.

Finished and looking Good....wish I would have went for the yellow Taylor Thundervolts now for some contrast.....

Hope this Helps.
Just make sure You have the correct Contour valve cover bolts as the stock Bolts will not fit!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Spend your time installing the gasket and work it in to the cover. That seemed to be the trick. work it in before placeing it on the head keep looking at it spots not sitting right

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need the bolts for the Contour valve cover. They're shorter than the ones for the Focus valve cover.

No RTV sealer. A brand new gasket should seal just fine. If its leaking you have it over tightened.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for everything guys ya its really hot here too 100 too 115 daily so ya....

·
Registered
520 Posts
^ or not worked it into place good. that was my problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts