Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a header and flexpipe from a fellow member. what gaskets and stuff will i need to install it?
thank you

·
Registered
770 Posts
A new gasket where the header/head meet, and another one where the exhaust exhaust and header meet. It's a pretty straight forward install. Taking out the heat shields will be a beeyotch but other than that it's a pretty straightforward install. Pull the old manifold out from the top and slide the new one in. Plug in the o2 sensor closest to the top of the header. U will have a CEL though there are a number of ways to get rid of it (tune, cheater etc.) Just takes some elbow grease to loosen up some of the bolts.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Where is the best place to get the right gaskets? Also I'm assuming since I'm installing a Fswerks flexpipe also that all need the gasket between header and head, gasket between header and flexpipe, and gasket between exhaust and flexpipe? Is this correct?

·
Registered
770 Posts
yes, yes, and yes. when i got my obx header it came with all the gaskets. i think you can get new ones from ford, not TOO sure though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes you can get all the gaskets from ford, or any parts store pretty much, but the exhaust manifold doesn't seem like a popular item to have in stock at most auto parts around where I am so you may have to order it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Use a oem Ford exhaust manifold gasket!

i bought a header and flexpipe from a fellow member. what gaskets and stuff will i need to install it?
thank you
Use a new oem Ford exhaust manifold gasket. I have a F/W's header, flex-pipe & stealth muffler on order, & they say to use a new oem gasket. CFM= Central Florida Motorsport's has them too.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use a new oem Ford exhaust manifold gasket. I have a F/W's header, flex-pipe & stealth muffler on order, & they say to use a new oem gasket. CFM= Central Florida Motorsport's has them too.
fswerks has a kit they said cost $8 with all gaskets and hardware

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
When I put my F 2 header on I ordered the exhaust gasket from Advance auto and I got some high temp gasket maker sealant (Loctite) RTV 5920 Copper High Performance Silicone.

Then after I drove it several hundred miles , I rechecked all the bolts and tightened /torqued those that loosened up from the vibration's .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts