Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so i am on a budget, so i bought the obx diy cai piping kit off ebay for 25 bucks. i have a filter separate all the clamps, maf, throttle inlet connector, and the 2.5 inch piece to hold together the two separate pipes to the system. jw what else do i need to complete the system? Its supposed to be here tomorrow or the next day so i need to know asap. And i saw aem's come with subframe mounts or something? what else do i need and where can i get it? please lmk thanks
john

·
Trump 2016
12,932 Posts
you should have dont know the name but it should bolt underneath filter so you dont suck water from underneath

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
^^ there is that bypass valve by AEM that you can get...... or are you talking about a splash gaurd?

·
Captain TMI
21,227 Posts
Moved to Zetec Performance Chat. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls. You should get a better reply in here anyway since all these guys know your engine compartment better than those of us in Tech that don't have Zetecs.

Thanks for posting.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you're gonna want the vacuum line that goes to the valve cover.

·
Registered
146 Posts
How big is your piping? 2.5" Piping may be fine for a completely stock Zetec, but as we have found in the ZX2 community it's a bottle neck once you incorporate a header & free flowing exhaust. 3" Intakes will show a great gain.

As much as possible keep the maf located away from sharp bends before and after the sensor. Sharp bends such as 90 degree cause turbulence before and after the sensor causing a drop in efficiency. Make sure the MAF is place upright, complete 90 degree angle, do not rotate the maf or run it upside down. I know this sound stupid but the location and way you mount a MAF can greatly effect its performance and driveability.

Through the years regardless of what the dyno's will show, a SRI will perform better on the track then a CAI. I've only seen E.T reductions when swapping to a SRI from a CAI at the track.

Hope this helps in your build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts