Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about either the eibach pro or sportsline kit? what do i need to buy afterwards? new struts, shocks, or dampers? all of them? and what i am looking at for the price with installation?
thanks

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Ok first is all of them, you need new shocks/struts & springs. your also going to need Alighment peace's too to correct your camber.

·
Registered
596 Posts
or you could call mike @ hilbish ford and get the frpp suspension he has available...
1.5" drop - it's pre-assembled by him - only $360 or so - everything is included - i couldn't be happier - it's the best buy "bang for buck" suspension kit you can get... jmho

·
Registered
60 Posts
MassiveSpeed has a Saleen/Eibach kit for $500 evrything included. Shocks/struts, springs and front/rear performance swaybars. Thicker than the SVT bars. Alignment will be needed afterwards too. 1.5 inch drop.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i'd go with the FRPP kit from b16sir1991. I did and it's def worth the money

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
lol. Took my car to vaca once. Had myself, my GF, my sister and her BF in the car along with all of our food, luggage and stuff. I don't think I have ever seen a Focus so slow or so low. It was disgusting.

But yeah to the OP you will just need dampers matched to the springs. You shouldn't need anything else like strut bearings seeing as the car is relatively new still.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
If you go with the 1.5" drop you should be ok as far as being able to get the alignment right afterwards. It really depends tho. Some guys say they are fine and some end up eating tires. It probably wouldn't hurt to get some camber adjustment on the rear wheels. With the sportlines I would think it would be necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts