Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus SEL last week on Monday. Kona Blue is what was listed as the color. I am having an issue... People think that it is my wife's car!! I've gotten many compliments on how "cute" it is... I hate that.

I need some ideas on some mods or upgrades that would make my focus look more like a mans car. I want people to say, "damn Jake, that car looks mean!" Help me out FF!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Lower it, tint, bbk, st wheels, exhaust, sri,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
rally mud flaps.
plastidip all the things

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Let's get this into the MkIII section, more replies for the question than in the MkIII Interior Mods section I'd think.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Well, I purchased a 2012 Ford Focus SEL last week on Monday. Kona Blue is what was listed as the color. I am having an issue... People think that it is my wife's car!! I've gotten many compliments on how "cute" it is... I hate that.

I need some ideas on some mods or upgrades that would make my focus look more like a mans car. I want people to say, "damn Jake, that car looks mean!" Help me out FF!
Go to rebeldevil.com they have everything you need in one place to turn it into a monster.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Kona blue is one of my all time favourite colours, I had a 2012 Mustang that was Kona and I miss it greatly.

My suggestion is dark wheels, like gun metal or black in colour.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's get this into the MkIII section, more replies for the question than in the MkIII Interior Mods section I'd think.
I was going to post there, but didn't want to upset anyone by posting in wrong section.

Thanks for all the tips guys! Keep em coming!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
mud flaps, St replica spoiler, window tint, plastidip all the chrome, nice exhaust tips, dark wheels.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Those people sound like folks with opinions you shouldn't give a damn about. But the balls hanging out the back is about the best you can do imho.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Are you looking for aesthetic or performance mods? Also what's your budget?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
haha i havent had to replace mine yet but they do seem like they will be a bit of a challenge compared to my '07 focus i had.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you looking for aesthetic or performance mods? Also what's your budget?
Focusing on aesthetic atm. Want my focus to look like a mans car. Then ill go into performance. I'm not looking to drop a bunch of money right off the bat. I was thinking 200 here and there.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Well lowering springs are a great option to start with. I love my eibach sportlines. Drop is aesthetic and it increases handling performance.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Wheels help too but those are a little bigger ticket items.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha i havent had to replace mine yet but they do seem like they will be a bit of a challenge compared to my '07 focus i had.
Driving it off the lot it was raining. The wiper blade on the pasanger side snapped right off about the third or fourth swipe. And the dealer wanted to charge me 100 dollars and count it as a service. The whole time I was out there I kept thinking that I should have just paid the stupid fee.

Finally got it on. Now it bugs me that I have 2 different style blades on mine. Lol

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Driving it off the lot it was raining. The wiper blade on the pasanger side snapped right off about the third or fourth swipe. And the dealer wanted to charge me 100 dollars and count it as a service. The whole time I was out there I kept thinking that I should have just paid the stupid fee.

Finally got it on. Now it bugs me that I have 2 different style blades on mine. Lol
That sucks! i've had that feeling before working on my car though for sure.

·
Registered
822 Posts

My Focus looked like this when I bought it:

Then last March I changed it to this:

Not cheap though, then again, nothing is.

Off the top of my head it was like: Wheels - $1100
Headlights- $360
D. light covers- $100
Spoiler- $284
Spoiler painted- $220

I bought the wheels (used) from a FF member. They had a good set of tires on them still.
I got the black OEM headlights used off Ebay. They look like new.
I bought the black OEM driving light covers new off Ebay.
I bought the spoiler new from Ford. It was primer but not painted.
I had the spoiler painted to match at a collision center.

All the parts are OEM parts.

Don't worry about it, a couple people called my car cute too. That was before the black wheels and such, but even when I bought it, it didn't look like a girls car IMO. Don't think Kona blue is a girls color either. If it was powder blue, pink, or lipstick red, than yeah. But Kona blue, I say definitely no. I passed on the color myself only because I had a 2006 Magnum that was Midnight blue about 5 months prior and I never buy a car the same (or close) color right after one another. I like to mix it up a bit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts