Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this morning, before my alarm went off.. I heard this kitten screaming its fool head off at about 5:30. So I hunted around, and finally found the little guy under the car. Soaking wet and shivering and filthy. My neighbor also woke up and came out, and she took the baby home while I went to work.

I get home to find that my neighbor found 2 more kittens in my backyard, as well as the mom. I don't want to bring them in the house, because I already have 2 cats, and don't need *4* more. I also don't want to leave them outside.. its cold and miserable out there. I've probably already made a mistake, because I fed the mom cat, she was thin as a rail, and I felt really bad. She seems like she belonged to someone though, because she listened when I told her to come see me.

Waiting on some calls back from a few cat shelters where I know they'll find a good home, and won't get put down because no one wants them.

I'm sure they'll survive the cold night just fine, but now that I know they're out there, I'll be worried about the little guys.

Here is one of them:

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
AWW.....

I love cats, as long as you found a good shelter I say thats best. Do you have a garage they can stay in, that might be a good temp home for them.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I had something very similar happen to me once, I sked around at work and everywhere I could if anyone wanted them and I was very lucky to find a home for them, maybe you can try that?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Awww poor guys. when i was little my dad found like 6 kittens behind our woodpile. we had to buy formulated milk for them and raise them awhile. i'd just try to see if anyone azround your way wants kittens :eek:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already asked around. My supervisor at work is thinking about it now, he wants a pet. But aside from that, no one wants one. I even tried to sucker my mom & dad into taking one, but they don't want to add another to the zoo.

They now have a box w/ some blankets on my deck. Should keep them pretty protected from the wind & rain.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
this will fix the 'problem'. First you put the kittens in a pillow case. second throw them in the river. All better.

I am so kidding. Dont hate me. I am at work and very bored. I love cats, I have one. A deaf one at that. I would not do this or suggest any one ever do this. [nono]

I hope everything works out. once again dont hate me. I was kidding.[:I]

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I had that happen before, well similar (I already have three cats) and this HUGE orange one came to my door, was clawing at it so naturally I decided to feed it and yeah, eventually had to let it back outside (it was owned by someone) but I can't believe people let their pets run free like that. Very poor owners.....

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Just keep trying to find someone, post posters up. And see, I know it's bad to feed them, but I don't know, feed them a little, just a little?? But probably not good, so don't listen to me, lol. Anyway your a great person for even bothering to help, most would've just ignored them. Thank you.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
You may have to resort to the SPCA or another shelter..I know there is on in hamburg that takes in lost/homless animals and they DO NOT put them down..they will find a home.. I'll look for their name and #...Hamburg Eden Animal Rescue Team (H.E.A.R.T.) 821-1915. They have a website. Another one is Second Chance Shelter. no # though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts