Focus Fanatics Forum banner

15381 - 15400 of 15403 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
What are you towing with that? I contemplated pulling a harbor freight trailer during a cross country move recently but decided against it.
I have a 4x8 HF trailer for light stuff. Also have a removable cage for the trailer that will haul Hogs and Dogs.
Trapped Hogs can be sold live in TX

·
Registered
25 Posts
Found a clean set of Contour SVT wheels with good tires in the junkyard a few days ago. Went back to get them this morning and they were gone. That's what I had planned for the Focus today. Like these.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What did I do to my Focus today

I have been waiting for the trim piece on the driver door to come in for replacement. It has arrived and needs to straighten out after shipment for placement on the car. This is all a result of a deer strike on the first day I owned the car.

v/r,

2003FordFocusZX3

·
Registered
22 Posts
WOW, three months and no new posts? Oh well, I installed new brake pads in the front as inside pads where at the very bottom of the wear indicator cut lines. Oil and filter for my hard working little 2.0. Also dropped the tranny pan, drained all the old oil, which looked pretty amazing and installed a new filter and 3.5 litres of fresh Mercon V and all is running nicely. Also had the new Hakapalitas studded and installed. Bring on the snow!!

Cheers Boys and Girls!

Mike

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ahh, brake jobs. Just did pads all the way around on the Avenger. Were not to squeakers yet, but probably about 1/3 rd left.
Always had an odd growl when braking hard. Not a grind or squealing, but a growl.
Both inside rear pads, material was separated from metal. Glad I replaced them now.
Not sure what was on there, but replaced with Wagner Thermo-quiet. Way more consistent brake feel, more linear than before.
Rotors looked good and spec'd out.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,367 Posts
Broke out the 15mm buffer Sunday morning & did a light clean up w/ Griots poly wax lsp.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Further to a post I put up in the 100,000 mile + owners sticky, I had to dismantle the front nose of the car and strip out the complete rad support assembly. Today I picked up the new support from the local dealership and went about installing the piece and the rest of the stuff I dismantled to get the damn thing out. Total labour to do this job was about 12hrs. Damn it! I have 3 bolts left over and it's going to drive me nuts until I figure out where they belong. There was a lot of plastic damage and broken pieces and I found one piece of plastic wedged in front of the a/c condenser that I have no friggin idea where it actually came from. The hood opens and closes properly and securely and I'll hit the local pick n' pull for a better condition grille and a bumper cover.

I am one tired puppy this evening. However, my daughter is happy that she is back on the road again!

Cheers and Happy New Year boys and girls!

Mikje

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, on Saturday I started to replace my power steering lines, w hich I assumed were leaking based on the puddle under ther driver’s side of the car, where the lines connect to the rack. Nope. Turned out to be the rack itself. Called around and found a place that promised a rack at 12:30 Sunday. Thought I might get the rack out without dropping the crossmember. Nope. Dropped it quite a bit onto a pair of jack stands, but did not remove it. No need to unbolt the anti-sway bar or the lower control arms. Got the rack and a pair of Moog outer tie rod ends. Got it home - no jam nuts for the the tie ends. Back to the parts store to get them off the old rack. Ran the new hydraulic lines. The pressure connection to the pump is an SOB. It’s 18mm I guess. Cut the old line, removed the pump and got the line off. New line was an 11/16 hex. That I can work with. Finally tonight, rebuilt rack, new tie rod ends, and new power steering lines are all done. I wonder what shop rate is for that job. Must be $1200 or more.

15381 - 15400 of 15403 Posts