Focus Fanatics Forum banner

15361 - 15380 of 15406 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last weekend I fixed my brake light. Turns out an idiot in a rush (me) put the bulb in upside down the first time about 8 months ago causing it to work only occasionally.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let's see... Got her a couple weeks ago. Haven't done much. Snorkel/Airbox delete, still need to get a drop in filter. Might buy a K&N kit. Need to tint the windows and debadge the trunk, then I'll be either looking for wheels/tires or getting a tune from Tom.

·
Registered
36 Posts
<—
Changed the oil, almost 260k and still kickin. Still debating if black hood/trunk lid would be worth it.

Went through multiple junk yards hoping to find an sap front bumper, instead found clear turn signals with led bulbs for $6.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cruised around and opened her up several times. DCT felt great, just under 105k on the clock.

I've ran 93 the last few fill ups and she seems to like it better than the e85...

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's been three years...

Hey everyone!

So it's been three years since I was active around here. But I'm back! Lets see... Since I was on last the car has mostly just been a good daily driver. Usual oil changes and whatnot. I love that this car hardly ever needs parts as its never broken. Only having 75k miles helps! I did swap wheels out for stock fiesta st wheels, since I bought one of those for a daily driver! the Fiesta is due for an oil change, so that's what I'll be doing next. Pics for attention... [cheers]

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Getting closer on my engine build

I wish my Mk3 engine looked that nice. Black plastic cam covers and intake manifolds may save money and weight, but have no soul compared to cast aluminum.

Any idea whether that stuff would bolt up to a Mk3 head? I normally give a higher priority to performance over appearance, but might even reverse that for the pleasure of seeing something that attractive under my hood.

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
Plugged 4 possible leaks in a tire. has two screws, 1 rivet, and 1 staple.

Good thing for swimming pools and was able to dunk test the tire after filling it up and check for leaks.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
I wish my Mk3 engine looked that nice. Black plastic cam covers and intake manifolds may save money and weight, but have no soul compared to cast aluminum.

Any idea whether that stuff would bolt up to a Mk3 head? I normally give a higher priority to performance over appearance, but might even reverse that for the pleasure of seeing something that attractive under my hood.
It's all zetec accessories. Not Duratec.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
This past winter was a *****. I put my poor car into the ditch at a pretty good speed after an ice storm. Well, I finally got around to painting my replacement bumper cover and fender. Tomorrow they get attached.

I am not a fan of stone guard! Had to weld up a hole that was became obvious when I wire wheeled off the stone guard on the driver’s side rocker panel and there was nothing behind it. The stuff also did not adhere well to the factory metal. It had peeled off, exposing the steel which then rusts.

I got a little too heavy with the second coat of clear and put a run in it. I’ll wet sand that eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replaced manual window regulator. Crank handle came off in my hand a while ago. For anyone going to a yard to pick one up, apparently sedan and hatch regulators aren't interchangeable.

15361 - 15380 of 15406 Posts