Focus Fanatics Forum banner

15321 - 15340 of 15398 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
It was my first time so almost a full day not rushing it. I put a link to a video on you tube that will have you covered with doing the timing belt at the same time (which I'd do) contact Steve at tasca parts his number is here in the forums if you search. Auto zone has the timing tool and torque wrench to rent (at least. Y local one did). Also I'd buy someone pizza and beer to help you although you CAN do it by yourself. Good luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fuel filter...exciting. Actually, pretty proud of my belt sander skills on the new locking clips that came with the filter. They were about 40% too big. Ground them to match the originals and voila!

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
Replaced the e-brake cable on the SVT, old one needed to be cut out due to being rusted inside. I now have a hand brake on my SVT again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Finally started the SVT brake swap on my 02 ZX5. Had all the stuff for over a year, but my rear shoes finally gave up the ghost. It'll take me a few days, mainly because I'm old and creaky. And because I don't have the middle hose for the rear....

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Just keep driving it.

I need to replace the Front Struts. Would this be a good time to replace the Strut Bearings?

Already have a couple tools on the way. Specifically the Strut Socket and Spring Compressors. The last time I used Spring Compressors was 10-12 years ago. Still a death trap but eh. Nice to have in the garage when needed.

Only 120K and the roads here in CO have ruined my suspension. It's insane.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Got my new LCAs installed and my OEM were totally shot. Feels good man.

I need to replace the Front Struts. Would this be a good time to replace the Strut Bearings?
You should definitely replace bearings at the same time you do struts. They're inexpensive and it's already part of the process. No excuse to skip them and have to disassemble your struts again a few months down the road.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Decided to sell my Focus. I went from loving the car to being content with it after getting our 2018 EcoSport. Since then I've wanted to get something newer than my 04 wagon. I got an offer I really couldn't pass up and can put down on a new Ford.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So..... dumb question,
My gas cap light just came on, on my 05 zx4.... I got gas like 4 days prior, so I didn’t figure it was my cap, but I retightened it multiple times. The light is still on. Is there some kind of factory issue I need to know, or has this happened to someone?

·
Thats What She Said
10,664 Posts
So..... dumb question,
My gas cap light just came on, on my 05 zx4.... I got gas like 4 days prior, so I didn’t figure it was my cap, but I retightened it multiple times. The light is still on. Is there some kind of factory issue I need to know, or has this happened to someone?
Could be from filling up. Or could be bad gas cap. They do go bad.

If you over filled it you could have saturated the EVAP charcoal canister and it also throws a code.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Could be from filling up. Or could be bad gas cap. They do go bad.

If you over filled it you could have saturated the EVAP charcoal canister and it also throws a code.
So, step one, thoroughly inspect the gas cap (or just replace it, since it is the OEM), and, step two, wait and see when the gas level goes down?
Overfilling it wouldn’t have damaged it, would it?

15321 - 15340 of 15398 Posts