Focus Fanatics Forum banner

14741 - 14760 of 15408 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
P0125 code again, looks like a change of the thermostat is needed on the SVT.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Finally finished up the custom grill and reinstalled the AEM CAI, In love at the moment. Also installed my stock 17s so i can actually drive this thing.

So sick, did you modify the original front bumper or did you grab an extra?
I want to do something similar, minus the grill on yours.
I’m afraid to start cutting things out on my original bumper

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Bought some rusty caliper brackets from an '07 Mazda 5, been cleaning them up:

Just about ready for paint

Will be installing on the ST in the next few weeks
is this an up grade not heard of this before
It's a part needed for the so called frankenbrake upgrade to space out the caliper to allow you to run a larger rear rotor (either volvo s80 or focus RS rear rotor), with the same caliper as OEM.

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
is this an up grade not heard of this before
Yep, suss got it right, probably should have said what i was up to in my post [;)]

So this bracket replaces the one on my ST (bolts right up, no other mods) and lets me re-use my oem rear caliper/pads/lines but lets you fit a ~302mm rotor from the RS. The stock ST rotor is 275mm, so you gain an inch in rotor.

It's essentially a poor mans version of this setup: https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-performance-rear-brake-kit-focus-rs-focus-st-2013-2018/p/M2300WR/

I just like the project aspect of piecing this together (and of course saving money.) I sourced the brackets locally for $70 (I probably could have looked harder and saved money but i was impatient.) You can order the brackets new online but they will cost roughly 2x, I dont mind the elbow grease. Then I ordered the oem RS rotors for about $70 shipped. So potentially under $150 for a rear upgrade, not too bad

I am in the process of piecing together the RS front Brembo setup, so i wanted to get the rears done too. So front and rear can be done for around $700 if you stick with oem pads/rotors. I'm opting to get the Mountune yellow street pads front/rear, mostly because i hear they are far less dusty (I wont complain if they perform better though [;)]) but they will add about $200 to my costs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Got in my replacement SVT Grille for Project:Save the SVT's. My buddy also sent me a cougar dead pedal as a surprise for my ZX3 project car.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Yep, suss got it right, probably should have said what i was up to in my post [;)]

So this bracket replaces the one on my ST (bolts right up, no other mods) and lets me re-use my oem rear caliper/pads/lines but lets you fit a ~302mm rotor from the RS. The stock ST rotor is 275mm, so you gain an inch in rotor.

It's essentially a poor mans version of this setup: https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-performance-rear-brake-kit-focus-rs-focus-st-2013-2018/p/M2300WR/

I just like the project aspect of piecing this together (and of course saving money.) I sourced the brackets locally for $70 (I probably could have looked harder and saved money but i was impatient.) You can order the brackets new online but they will cost roughly 2x, I dont mind the elbow grease. Then I ordered the oem RS rotors for about $70 shipped. So potentially under $150 for a rear upgrade, not too bad

I am in the process of piecing together the RS front Brembo setup, so i wanted to get the rears done too. So front and rear can be done for around $700 if you stick with oem pads/rotors. I'm opting to get the Mountune yellow street pads front/rear, mostly because i hear they are far less dusty (I wont complain if they perform better though [;)]) but they will add about $200 to my costs.
It's actually not the poor man's version of the Ford Performance rear brake kit because the Ford Performance kit uses the ST rotors but the painted rear calipers from the RS. They don't include the bracket to swap the RS rotor in.

Kit includes:

RS Rear Calipers
Production ST brake rotors
Production RS brake pads
Brake hoses
All needed installation hardware

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
It's actually not the poor man's version of the Ford Performance rear brake kit because the Ford Performance kit uses the ST rotors but the painted rear calipers from the RS. They don't include the bracket to swap the RS rotor in.

Kit includes:

RS Rear Calipers
Production ST brake rotors
Production RS brake pads
Brake hoses
All needed installation hardware
I didnt even catch that it said ST rotors... Saw the blue caliper and bracket and just assumed that was the end goal was larger rotors. Totally not worth it if you arent changing the rotor diameter. Be better off to just upgrade your existing pads than do the Ford Performance rears. I really cant see this RS caliper/pad setup being an upgrade. The only benefit i could see is if you want your rears to be the same factory blue as the front RS Brembos (although an aluminum colored version of the Brembo's are made as well.)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Drooled all over my new RS intake tube and engine cover! Ive been waiting over 2 weeks for this to finally get here...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,553 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
14741 - 14760 of 15408 Posts