Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 15408 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Detailed my car more thoroughly then i have in a long time.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Took the hatch in... 2nd time for "airbag system warnings". This time, he found a high-resistance connection, replaced the whole connector, tested. The way he wrote it up gives me a pretty good level of confidence it is fixed this time. Airbags not functioning properly is something I got done without delay.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
What did I do to my car today? I had sex. The question is whether it was in it, on it, or with it. [hihi]

Just kidding... always wanted to post that. All I did was fill up the completely empty tank. all 16.5 gallons worth ..

·
Registered
524 Posts
Finished my grill with Perfect Match & some clear coat.. Doesn't look too shabby nearby and looks damn near OEM from a ten foot distance..

The interior painting is still in the works..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Added another coat of wax to the Sedan. Did some scratch repair on the F350, clearcoat is drying now. Will polish and wax in a couple days.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Refilled my windshield wiper fluid reservoir with Rain-X 2-in-1, and checked my fluid levels for other stuff. I think I need to top off on dexcool.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Yesterday I drove to Stockton and picked up Grandpa's old Civic Si. I hadn't seen the car since I last drove it probably 15 years ago. I underestimated the severity of the neglect. In spite of the receipts in the glove box for various expensive repairs, it has many mechanical issues and was unbelievably filthy. It looked like a car you would see in a wrecking yard.

I spent all day today washing the exterior, stripping the interior, cleaning the dash and some of the trim, replaced some light bulbs, vacuumed the front seats and put them back in. Having second thoughts. The receipts indicate this thing has been a money pit.

The carpet, rear hatch carpet, and rear seat were so bad I'm not even going to bother to reinstall them. There are still many weekends of work ahead.

Before:

After:

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Does that have the brown top D16A1 ZC? or was that the CRX Si?

Very rare engine I always waned one, I had the black top D16A1 in my old integra.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
The U.S. market Si had the EW4/D15A3 for the older models like this one. Upgrading with Integra parts (engine/transmission, brakes, wheels) is a popular swap. Not sure I'll bother frankly.

It does go pretty well, especially without the weight of the rear seats and all the carpet.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
The D16a1 was a stout engine. The itwas the first DOHC it could run circles around the modern D16B. The "ZC" was the most desired but hard to find engine for the first gen CRX Si and Integra. It was a bit more power than the plan D16A1.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Washed the car today. Guess what it's doing outside right now. That's right, pouring rain.

At least I managed to buy some wheel cleaner and I was able to get rid of all that nasty break dust.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Brakes are for your car. Breaking is for your neck...lol.

we are supposed to get increasingly better weather all week. I'm home all week with no one to bug me during the day.

It's time to start cleaning up greenie to say goodbye. I've got two months left at school, and three cars and a motorcycle. Only one of them really works completely fine. I have two spots at home. the garage and the spot behind it. I'm building the focus so as much as I'd like to keep them both, one project has to go... and frankly, I'm tired of the mazda. BUT I wish I could keep it. :(

oh yeah Azdamay... You have a blank canvas there. Here's where you restore it to the day it came off the lot, or where it becomes your badass Group A Civic!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I too, bathed mine yesterday, and it is pouring rain today. I started a thread about this very subject a few weeks back. It is as dependable as gravity.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Installed a sway bar off an ACR on sat. So much better now! Ran into trouble on the front one so that's for another day.
Stock is 20mmf/0r, sport and ACRs had 22mmf/16mmR. The 20/16 combo is really nice for now. Car's really chuckable

101 - 120 of 15408 Posts