Focus Fanatics Forum banner

9781 - 9800 of 15408 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Pita

Sooooooo the day before yesterday I repainted my wife's 3d Carbon Wing and Rear Skirt, and her stock side skirts. I wanted a better match than the previous one stage paint. I used bulldog adhesive promoter but I think it was bad because the paint didn't stick and ran off the parts like water on wax paper. That was a wasted hours of sanding and painting.[rant][?|] I wanted to cry!

Yesterday I wet sanded again for 4 hours to get all the runs out and repainted without the bulldog promotor and it came out perfect. 2 stage Oxford white.

Today I installed the parts and I am much happier with the match! [wiggle]

Too much work for one weekend haha.

Top pic is current color!

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Fixed it, went to fill a forum to have master pro pay for the damages. They warranties their pay immediately. Waiting to go in Tuesday again

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
My lovely wife that which the sun rises and sets upon ordered her winter tires today for the ST.

BLIZZAK DM-32's

Also picked up my spare set of ST hweelz. Absolute perfect condition. Not a scratch on them. Tires with only 9K too.

I think the guy I bought the hweelz from is gonna sign up here. He has a pretty bad ass ST. Said it was dyno'd at 280ishHP. Told him about FF15...lulz.

CHEERS!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Sooooooo the day before yesterday I repainted my wife's 3d Carbon Wing and Rear Skirt, and her stock side skirts. I wanted a better match than the previous one stage paint. I used bulldog adhesive promoter but I think it was bad because the paint didn't stick and ran off the parts like water on wax paper. That was a wasted hours of sanding and painting.[rant][?|] I wanted to cry!

Yesterday I wet sanded again for 4 hours to get all the runs out and repainted without the bulldog promotor and it came out perfect. 2 stage Oxford white.

Today I installed the parts and I am much happier with the match! [wiggle]

Too much work for one weekend haha.

Top pic is current color!
Nicely done! i'm definitely thinking about adding the 3d carbon rear spoiler and rear skirt myself. Looks good!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Nicely done! i'm definitely thinking about adding the 3d carbon rear spoiler and rear skirt myself. Looks good!
Thanks dude. I'm very happy with the way it looks. And my wife agrees. It makes it look way more agressive.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
My lovely wife that which the sun rises and sets upon ordered her winter tires today for the ST.

BLIZZAK DM-32's

Also picked up my spare set of ST hweelz. Absolute perfect condition. Not a scratch on them. Tires with only 9K too.

I think the guy I bought the hweelz from is gonna sign up here too. He has a pretty bad ass ST. Said it was dyno'd at 280ishHP. Told him about FF15 too...lulz.

CHEERS!
LUCKY!! Grats man. I want new wheels and tires lol

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
His ST also has a carbon fiber roof wrap and the mirrors too. A wing kit that lifts it away from the hatch, and the front lip pieces in front of the tires on the bumper that extend lower about 1.5 inches or so. Evens it up with the side skirts. Mud flaps. Muffler delete...etc.

Sounded freakin' awesome...has the whoosh thing too lol. He had steelies with winter tires on it, but showed me pics of his new hweelz. Reason he sold the stock ST wheelz was to buy tires.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
His ST also has a carbon fiber roof wrap and the mirrors too. A wing kit that lifts it away from the hatch, and the front lip pieces in front of the tires on the bumper that extend lower about 1.5 inches or so. Evens it up with the side skirts. Mud flaps. Muffler delete...etc.

Sounded freakin' awesome...has the whoosh thing too lol. He had steelies with winter tires on it, but showed me pics of his new hweelz. Reason he sold the stock ST wheelz was to buy tires.
The whoosh thing. Lmao I think you mean the blow off valve. Stock STs and most other turbo cars have a recirculating BOV so you don't hear it.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Washed it...um...2 days in a row...

First wash was last night. Used a self serve pressure wash style one and ran out of time...soap was trickling out of the door cracks and froze...

So I took her to the auto touchless one and got that cleaned up today

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,081 Posts
Washed it...um...2 days in a row...

First wash was last night. Used a self serve pressure wash style one and ran out of time...soap was trickling out of the door cracks and froze...

So I took her to the auto touchless one and got that cleaned up today
Asking for scratches. Just saying.

9781 - 9800 of 15408 Posts